one-eyed cyclops man

The team sat huddled around the desktop again. Bruce was plugging in all the information the Twins had given him a few hours prior. Ana was smushed in between Thor and Captain, standing on her tippy toes to try see what was happening. With a few final loud taps of the keys for emphasis, the screen had centered in on a moving target hovering over New York City.

"Got him!" Bruce announced standing to his feet. He bent over and sent the location coordinates to the computer on the Quinjet.

"Alright, Avengers, let's go do this," Captain announced, turning around and seeing that Anastazya, Natasha and Tony were in pajamas, Pietro was in a small flannel that he was sure was going to rip if he took too deep of a breath, and Wanda was covered in mud and leaves. "....Go take showers and change for Pete's sake, he grumbled as he sat down on the couch. Everyone scattered around the house, finding some way to get ready and prepared for the battle that was ahead of them. Except for Pietro, who just looked confused.

"Who is Pete? Why am I showering for his sake?"

Steve went to reply when he was cut off by Laura. Everyone froze in their tracks.

"Dinner!"

Steve sighed and ran his hand down his face. "After we eat. We leave after we eat."

Dinner that night was hectic.

"Pass the green beans please!" Bruce shouted over the ruckus. Anastazya ducked as Captain gave the bowl to Bruce, nearly knocking her in the head.

"What are these orange things called? They are cut up in circular shapes, and taste strangely sweet," Thor asked no one in particular.

Laura smiled at him. "Those are carrots."

Thor nodded at the vegetable, as if impressed with them. "Hm, I do like them quite a bit."

Clint chuckled. "Have as much as you want, bud."

He snatched the entire bowl from under Natasha's nose and started eating out of it with a spoon.

When they heard knocking at the door, the room went quiet. Ana hopped out of her seat. "I'll get it!"

Captain grabbed Ana by the hood of her jacket, easily lifting her up off of the ground. He looked at the door skeptically. "No you will not."

Ana groaned when Cap plopped her back into her seat. He peeked outside through the peephole.

"Let me inside, damn it. It's hot out here," a familiar voice grumbled, causing Steve to chuckle. He opened the door quickly, revealing the dark, one eyed man who was responsible for creating their little family in the first place- Nick Fury.

Anastazya jumped from her seat and ran to give Nick a hug, much to his distaste. Ana admired Fury for finding her and rescuing her from her own personal little hell. There was no doubt in her mind that if it wasn't for him, Ana would be dead.

"Stop hugging me," he ordered stiffly . "You're making me look like some affectionate pansy."

"Who is the one-eyed cyclops man?" Pietro whispered curiously to Wanda.

"Apparently, the founder of the Avengers," Wanda replied, turning back to Anastazya when she sat back down. "I apologize for reading your mind."

Ana scrunched her eyebrows together, but before she could say anything, Nick had drawn all the attention back onto himself.

"I've heard from Agent Hill that you have been having trouble taking down this new enemy. I have also heard that you recruited new members without my consent," Nick told them, narrowing his eye at the Maximoff Twins.

"Yes, but we have it under control," Steve asserted, causing Nick to snort and roll his eye.

"Clearly not. The Avenger's tower is flooded and completely demolished, you guys are hiding out in a farm with no plan, and Steve...you are wearing plaid. Which is why I have convinced some ex- S.H.E.I.L.D. agents to help me design and create new equipment for you to carry into battle against that rusty piece of shit metal," Nick explained.

Nat's eyes widened in feigned surprise. "Steve, he said a bad language word. Do something!"

Captain sighed. "I'm never going to live that down, am I?"

-

"You are nervous," Wanda stated, tying her hair up into a ponytail.

Ana looked at her warily, zipping up her new suit before turning to face the younger Maximoff. "Get out of my head, Wanda."

"I do not have to be in your head to see you are afraid. You are a telltale," Wanda chuckled, gesturing to Anastazya's fingers, which she kept popping over and over again.

Ana smiled sheepishly before turning to face the mirror again, examining her new and improved 'Super Suit'. It was white, with a black Avengers symbol over her heart. Instead of wearing a braid, she wore her hair slicked back in a high ponytail. She liked the suit better than her last one, that was for sure. But she could not shake the nerves, of having to use her powers again after such a disaster last time.

"Do you have any hobbies? I mean, did you used to?" Wanda asked, trying to get Ana's attention off of her worries. She practiced this with Pietro whenever he got nervous, it was a easy way to get him back to himself. Ana tucked a piece of stray hair behind her ear.

"I used to play piano," Ana told her. She smiled, turning around and looking at her curiously. "Why do you ask?"

"No reason," Wanda replied vaguely. "Just curious."

"Wanda," Ana heard Pietro call from the door. "It is time to..." He trailed off, glancing at Ana. She narrowed her eyes at him. He blinked a few times before shaking his head. "-go. Both of you. We leave now."

Ana whined, looking at Wanda with a grimace on her face. "Maybe if I just hide out here, they will forget about me."

Pietro rolled his eyes. "Not possible. They could not forget about their precious Anastazya."

Ana rolled her eyes and shoved past him, muttering profanities as she jogged down the stairs and out the front door to the Quinjet. Natasha noticed her drooping demeanor and pat her on the back.

"You're going to be just fine," she assured her, smiling encouragingly at the girl.

Ana sighed and climbed up the steps to the jet, cursing out loud when someone sped past her and into the ship, nearly making her fall. She narrowed her eyes at the silver haired boy, raising her arm to flip him off when Captain restrained her.

"Hey. Not today, I want you two to both behave. No disasters today. Got it?" he told them sternly. Ana growled and looked at Pietro, who smirked at her.

"No promises."