black and white

"Hold still, Pietro," Steve ordered him, as he tried to hold a cloth against the back of his bleeding head.

"I don't need that, go away," Pietro hissed, swatting away Steve's overzealous hands.

"He heals fast," Wanda mumbled. Steve rolled his eyes and moved away from the boy.

The dull ache present in the back of his head held no competition against the anxiety he was feeling riding up in his chest. Where was she?

He tried to identify a shift in the snow, or a figure moving towards the house, but he couldn't. The world outside was a blank sheet of paper. There was no depth to the storm outside those walls.

"God, why is it no one looks for her?" Pietro sighed, sounding exasperated.

"The suit would shut down, it's already in a brittle state from the last battle," Tony grumbled. "Cap? What about you?"

Steve sighed. "I can try, but that would result in the both of us getting lost out there. I don't know anything about where she is."

Natasha slammed her hands on the table. "Well we have to do something!" She hissed, glaring at the two of them. "She is still injured, she's hysteric, and now she's probably scared. I-I just can't bear to think of her like that," Natasha choked out, sounding almost on the verge of tears, although the Avengers knew better.

"Then don't," Clint told her, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Think of her having a snow day out there. I don't know if you remember, but extreme weather doesn't bother Ana that much. I can't say I'm not worried but we can't do anything."

Natasha leaned her head on her hand. "She doesn't even have a coat," She murmured weakly.

Pietro glanced at Wanda, huddled in her little corner, sulking. He then glanced back at the window.

"I am not going to sit here, doing nothing while she is out there alone," Pietro growled. Steve looked at him, righteously of course.

"We can't let you do that, Pietro. It's too dangerous."

"That has never stopped anyone before."

"Pietro, kid. C'mon just sit down. Now." Clint told him sternly.

Pietro scoffed and rolled his eyes. "And who is going to make me, old man?"

And before anyone could say a word, he was out of the door.