helicarrier

The way Maria looked at Ana made her sick to her stomach.

"Oh honey," She cooed, wrapping her arms around the small, Russian girl. Ana sighed and rested her head on her shoulder and looking at Wanda with desperate eyes. She hated pity.

'S.O.S.' She mouthed, eyebrows waggling.

Wanda rolled her eyes and leaned forward, gently tapping Maria on the shoulder and smiling politely when she relinquished Ana to turn around.

"I am Wanda Maximoff, and this is my brother Pietro, we are friends of Ana's," Wanda introduced herself. Pietro pipes up from behind Wanda.

Her eyebrows twitched and she looked at Ana suspiciously.

"I've heard-" Maria started, when Pietro cut her off.

"Awful things about us?

Ana and Wanda glared at his snarky comment. They might have been used to them, but Maria wasn't.

However, she laughed.

"Yes actually, but I've heard an equal amount of good things. So it's nice to finally be able to judge for myself," Maria chimed, sitting back down in her chair.

The five of them all made their way to Maria's conference table, where she sat at the end chair, typing away at the keys, the incessant loud clacking noise making Ana twitch.

"What do you have for us to work with Mar?" Ana asked expectantly.

"Not exactly sure yet...." Maria drawled out. "Give me a sec to find out."

She pressed a button on her headset and started mumbling to someone, too low for Ana to understand what she was saying.

Ana sighed and rested her head on the table, her eyes shut tight.

"Tough night?" Sam asked, patting Ana's back sympathetically.

Ana chuckled, bitterly. "Tough night, tough day, tough week, tough year. It's a tough life, Wilson. But I've learned to deal with it," Ana groaned, sitting up and resting her head on her hand.

"Is sulking the way you deal with it?" Pietro asked, smirking. Ana punched him in the shoulder, but he didn't even flinch.

"You are still, the most annoying person I know, friends or not," Ana spat, rolling her eyes and picking a spot on the wall to stare at.

"And I am the proudest recipient of that reward, Princessa," Pietro chuckled.

James looked at them suspiciously.

"Y'all dating?"

The smirk on Pietro's face disappeared and Ana's eyes widened.

"W-What why would you assume that?" Ana stammered. "That's really weird James! Really fucking bizarre!"

James held up his hands in defeat. "I just-"

Ana turned on Pietro. "Go sit over there!" She shouted at him, pointing to the seat across the table.

"But-" He protested.

"Go!"

He rolled his eyes and in a second he appeared across from Ana, arms folded and lower lip protruding more than usual.

Wanda watched the situation with a grin on her face.

"Don't sulk Maximoff," Ana ordered, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Do not worry, I am not you," He replied, sticking his tongue out.

Before Ana could reply Maria had finished her call with whatever provider she was speaking to.

"Okay, I finally have something that can help you guys!" Maria announced, smiling excitedly.

Ana laced her fingers together and looked at Maria expectantly.

"First, we have found out that the Avengers are being held captive in Sokovia in the old H.Y.D.R.A. base you were being held at formerly, so I'm sure that you being able to find it is no problem. In terms of transportation, we have a helicarrier available for use at the old S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters that I will have for ready for pick up in the next hour, stocked with whatever weaponry we have in storage. Coulson, a few other S.H.I.E.L.D agents and I will be accompanying you on the mission, along with a medical squad to tend to the Avengers injuries if any are found," Maria explained, grinning at the makeshift team.

Ana sighed in relief.

"Thank you Mar, you really are a doll."