invasion (part two)

It had only been five minutes and Ana had already been shot in the shoulder, again.

"Fuck, damn it you rusty bastards! What's with you and my damn shoulder?!" Ana screeched, plowing her fist into the ground. The ground unearthed itself and rolled at lightning speed to the group of robots, knocking them down and dismembering them as soon as it hit them.

Ana ran as fast as she could inside the facility, feeling more and more unnerved as the headquarters gradually got creepier the deeper inside she went. She had no idea where she was going, she just kept going forward and to the left, hoping that she would reach the room soon enough.

Ana yelped in surprise when a particularly large droid headed her way, firing a assload of bullets in her direction. She stomped her foot into the ground, moving her hands upwards, feeling relieved when a wall of rock grew in front of her, blocking all the bullets except for two, one grazing her ear and the other one lodging itself into her side. She had to keep herself from screaming in pain, knowing that Pietro would hear it and immediately drop whatever he was doing to find her. He needed to do his job. She had to do hers.

Anastazya dropped the wall and grabbed a random torch off the wall (the place seemed to get more medieval every step she took towards its center), and sucked in the fire, blowing it out of her mouth onto the droid, watching as it fell to the ground in a melted, spazzing heap. Ana sighed, leaning against the wall near her to inspect her side, which was bloody, from the gunshot wound on her shoulder, to her side, to her ear. Everything seemed to be ok her left side.

"Efficient bastards," She hissed, standing on her two feet and running forward, only to be paralyzed by the crippling pain.

"FUUUUUUUUCK!" She yelled out in frustration, taking a deep breath before jogging forward again, ignoring the blinding pain.

Her heart filled with joy when she saw a familiar portrait of Baron Von Strucker that she recognized the time she was imprisoned here. Whenever Pietro or Wanda or the Chum Bucket opened the door, she would see that portrait. Which meant...

Ana sped up and rounded the corner, letting out a victorious laugh when she saw a dead end, with a door at the end of the hallway.

"Oh Baron, you shithead. I would have loved to have you to fight with instead of the platinum bastard," Ana chuckled breathlessly. Her jog slowed to a walk.

As she approached the door Anastazya could hear Tony and Steve yelling their heads off inside.

"The asshole's doing something out there! Don't you hear all the ruckus?"

"Language!"

Ana nearly threw the door off its hinges, heart swelling when she saw her family. They looked dreadful. Thor was shackled to the wall, hands swollen and purple. Natasha had a deep gash running down the side of her face. Steve, Tony, Bruce, and Clint sported black eyes and busted lips. Luckily, Wanda, Maria, Rhodey, and Sam just looked a tiny bit roughed up.

But all of their eyes lit up when they saw their beloved Anastazya. Alive and well.

"Ana?" Steve whispered. Ana nodded, forgetting about all the pain coursing through her body, running to the cell excitedly.

"The keys are over-" Bruce started to shout, when Ana focused all of her body heat into her hands, melting the metal bars and pushing them out of her way.

Steve was the first person to hug her and it hurt like hell. But the pain was easy to ignore.

"You smell awful," Ana chuckled. Steve let out a teary laugh.

"They said you were dead. I thought you were dead," He mumbled. Ana scoffed.

"You always think I'm dead, old man. You have little faith in me. I was sort of trained by the best," Ana snickered, making Steve break out into a goofy grin.

Ana spotted Natasha behind Steve, waiting for Ana with open arms, and she dived into them.

"Anastazya," She sobbed. "You found us. You're alive. My baby Anastazya." Natasha cooed, running her fingers through Ana's hair. Clint was the first to notice Ana's wounds.

"Whoa there, kiddo. You look worse than we do," Clint stated, worry lacing his words. Ana's eyes flickered over to an expectant, teary eyed looking Wanda.

"Is he here, Ana? Is he okay?"

Ana turned her head to the door, taking in a deep breath and yelling out for her partner in crime.

"Pietro!" She screamed as loud as she could. He was in the room at her side in three seconds.

"Ana, are you-" He cut himself off when he spotted Wanda only a few feet in front of him.

"Sora mea! Draga mea Wanda , v-am găsit în sfârșit !" He cried out happily, wrapping his arms around his sister and lifting her off of the ground.

Ana heard gunshots down the hallway, and panic rose up in her chest. She pressed the com receptor on her chest, trying to reach Coulson.

"Bring the jet down near the landing site we discussed. We have them," Ana told him, before going over to Thor and unshackling him from the wall. She examined his hands.

"What happened to you?" She asked him. Thor winced.

"My hands were broken, to prevent me from using my weapon. But nevermind me, Lady Anastazya, my heart is filled with joy seeing you alive and," He looked at Ana's bleeding side. "Not well. But alive."

Ana smiled and searched the small holding room for Thor's hammer, absentmindedly grabbing it and picking it up, using it to break the newly repaired window she once escaped through.

"As pleasant as this all is, everyone needs to get out now. As quickly as you can. This operation has been in action for 45 minutes. Ultron will be back any second now," She ordered them all, only to find them gawking at her.

"What?" She asked, looking down at herself. "I know I'm injured, but if we can just focus on escaping-"

"The hammer. You picked up the hammer," Tony deadpanned. Ana looked down at the weapon, eyes narrowing into slits.

"Oh," She mumbled, examining the thing closer. "Will you look at that?"

Anastazya shook her head as pointed to the window. "Get out of here! I have your backs!" She ordered, watching satisfied as they started filing out of the window outside into the jet that Coulson had parked only seconds ago.

The plan was almost done, if they could just-

Ana yelped out in surprise when another one of those Über bots approached her.

"Ana?" Pietro called out to her, alarmed, halfway out of the window. Ana glared at him.

"Go! Remember what I told you!"

"I am not going to leave you here!"

"I can handle this!" She shouted back, sending a strong gust of wind in his direction, making him fall out of the window and outside.

Ana immediately began dodging bullets from the bot, not going a very good job. Luckily, she hadn't been directly shot again, but she had been grazed. She really couldn't afford to lose any more blood. But she didn't have any fire or water to use against him. Air would be useless, and Earth....there wasn't much she could do without bringing the whole place to the ground.

Ana sighed at herself. Why was she so stubborn in the first place? If she has just let Pietro help her out, this would have never happen.

She ran for the nearest corner, forcing her fists straight through the two walls, and using all of her power to bring them down.

Before her body was entirely crushed by falling rock and debris, someone wrapped their arms around her and pulled her out of the building.

And all she could see was a beautiful blue.