Chapter One ✨✨

🐚🐚

CHAPTER 1 ✨✨

  It was in the late hours of the night when the queen went into labor and the naturally placid atmosphere of the palace immediately grew turbulent. At first she felt the pain very mildly and had thought it unnecessary to trouble her personal attendant, but then, the pain had persisted, crescendoing as it did, and finally, when she had thought she could bear it no more, a loud yelp escaped from her mouth, waking up her attendant who was sleeping on a makeshift bed adjacent her.

" My lady what's wrong? " she asked as she hurriedly went to stand beside the queen. She watched in panic as the queen kept on taking in huge amount of breaths.

" I think the baby is coming."

SOMEWHERE IN THE PALACE.

" Didn't you hear? "

" You mean about the queen? "

" Yes, she's about to give birth and there are rumors going about that she's not strong enough to survive the pain "

" I knew it, that child is a curse!! " The other person exclaimed " and the fact that the queen carried it for sixteen months is enough proof "

" Keep quiet will you, someone might hear you.. I'm leaving, my presence is needed in the delivery room "

" That child is a burden " the other woman said and scurried away into the darkness

~~

" Your highness you have to push "

" I can't, the pain... The pain is more than I can bare " the queen said in between breaths.

" Honey you have to try... For your sake and our baby's sake please " the king said urged his wife as he noticed that she was spacing out.

" I can't Roland, I can't. " the queen cried out as she desperately held her husband's hands.

" Your highness.. just a little bit more..for the last time push! " The mid wife told the queen as she readied herself to get the baby out.

The queen pushed with all her might and the baby tore through her vagina. With tears running down her cheeks, she breathe her last breath.

" Your highness... Your highness! " the mid wife shouted as she watched the queen go limp.

" Sarah... Sarah.. no, no, no, no, this can't be happening... Sarah open your eyes please " the king shouted as he shook his wife.

" We are sorry your highness,she wasn't able to make it "

" No!! " The king exclaimed and fell on his knees. His eyes turned red and unshed tears gathered around it, threatening to fall

" Your highness,here's your child " she stretched her hands forward and said " it's a baby girl "

In a blink of an eye, the king's expression changed and he shouted in rage.

" A baby what?!! "

" A baby girl " the mid wife replied in a whisper, clearly shaken by the king's sudden outburst.

" This child is a curse, no wonder my wife died. This is the first time in the history of Tharanda a royal has given birth to a female heir. She's a curse get her away from me, she'll bring misfortune upon the land, didn't you hear me?, TAKE HER AWAY !! " He shouted as he carelessly threw the baby back to the mid wife and stormed out of the room.

~~

  In a certain region in Tharanda, thick smokes from fire kept ascending into the sky without any signs of stopping.