Chapter Nineteen ✨✨

🕸️🕸️

CHAPTER 19 ✨✨

     The deep rumbling coming from within the forest continued for close to five minutes before we heard a loud howl. A seven feet tall creature that looked like a bear emerged from within the trees. The only abnormality in the appearance of the creature was that, it possessed long needle like horns that could impale a person without any difficulty, four large sturdy arms, a hunched back, razor sharp teeth and a very hideous face.

"Eva, hope I'm not dreaming" Mika asked with her mouth wide open.

"We are definitely not dreaming" I replied as we slowly took a few steps backwards.

The bear-like creature looked at us and let out a loud howl again and three other similar but smaller looking creatures came out. They had a crazed look on their face as they stared at us like we were large pieces of meat. Suddenly, the three of them charged at us while the bigger creature stayed behind to watched. They chased us about like aggrieved dogs, while we ran for our dear lives.

"Mika, channel your powers to the ground and use the metals to bind their legs. It'll help slow them down and buy us some time."

" Aye captain, " she said and her eyes turned red. While running, the ground began to shake as small bits of iron erupted, forming a very long chain. Under a few seconds, Mika completed completed her task as she successfully chained the three bears together. The big bear let out a growl as she saw the three smaller ones chained. Unfortunately, the metals weren't able to keep them chained for long as they broke free from it." Eva it's your turn, you've got this." Mika shouted as she ran past me.

I swiftly controlled the air and channeled some of it to the ground, causing a large crack on the surface of the earth. I manipulate the cracked surface of the Earth, forming a large boulder and slammed it on them and it knocked them out cold.

"Phew!! that was close." I said as large balls of sweat rolled down my forehead.

"Eva, watch out!!" I heard Mika shout. I turned and saw the huge mama bear running towards me. With full speed, it slammed into me, throwing me several meters away from my initial position. I could feel a throbbing headache coming up.

The creature slowly walked towards me, like a predator wanting to end it's prey. After circling around me, it growled and raised it's huge legs, ready to smash me into bits. Unexpectedly, Mika sent balls of fire towards it's leg and hurriedly slid under and pulled me out.

" That's was close. " she muttered as she carried me on her back, running. Not too far away, we heard the beast roaring in anger as it watched us get away.

Mika found a large rock that could serve as a shade. She brought me down from her back and I spat out the blood in my mouth.

" Thank you, that was a close one." I thanked her while trying to catch my breath.

" It's fine, I was scared for a moment there. How's your head, it's bleeding." She asked, checking if I was alright.

" I'm fine. It's just a matter of seconds till I heal." I replied her while scanning the area with my hearing. " The beast is on our track, we need to keep moving."

I stood up slowly with Mika's help and we continued to march forward. I reached into the connection between I and Anaxagoras, sending distress signal across, when suddenly, I felt a heavy tug on our pull.

" Finally he's close."

                                ¶¶

Hello guys, I'm so so sorry for the extremely late update. A three month break is way too long so I'm apologizing again. So guys, lately, I've been modifying Princess Eva since an acquaintance of mine said the intro was lacking and with little tips from her, the foundation of the story has become more solids as I've filled in alot of gaps I didn't notice before.
From now on, I'd try to be updating as frequently as possible. Thank y'all for the love and support, it's highly appreciated.

Much love from your annoying author
Greatzi🖊️