Chapter Twelve ✨✨

🐚🐚

A/N

I normally write this at the end of the story but I decided to write it here coz not everyone tends to read it.

The amount of views, votes and comments I'm getting on this story is low and I'm having little to no motivation to write. So after this chapter I won't update until I get more views on this story.

Much love from your lovely author ❤️

Chapter 12✨✨✨

I and Mika took our eggs to all the classes we attended today much to the dislike of many teachers. Many of them told us to drop our eggs with Mr almond like the rest did but we were too attached to them to let go. Several hours later we had to drop them with Mr almond because it was against the rules to take them to our rooms. Stupid rules

"Pssst "

I heard someone call out in the middle of the night. Begrudgingly I stood up with sleep filled eyes only to see christian beside my bed.

" Meet me outside the room, don't be late " he said and walked out.

I groaned in frustration, pulled the covers off my body and went out to meet him.

" What's wrong, why did you wake me at such an ungodly hour? " I asked while yawning.

" Rick told me he has information on the Drekavac. He's waiting outside for us." He said and sleep cleared from my eyes.

" Why didn't you say so! Let's go " I said. I pulled him by the arm and dragged him outside not minding that I was still in my night gown.

When we got outside, everywhere was pitch black with no trace of a living soul outside. I searched around for a couple of minutes until I heard christian laugh behind me.

" Care to tell me what you are laughing about? Is me not being able to find Rick funny to you? " I asked and he burst into another round of laughter.

What's so funny?

" Christian!! " I whispered harshly.

" Sorry, sorry " he said on between laughs. " Rick is a master when it comes to blending into the darkness. So if you want to see him, you have to use the code word " he said then he started laughing again and I kicked him on the knee.

" What was that for! " He shouted while rubbing his knees.

" That was for not telling me earlier on " I replied harshly " don't just stand there, say the code word "

" Sure " he replied with a glare. " Mickey mouse " he whisper shouted.

" Mickey mouse? " I asked as I burst into laughter. " Why mickey mouse? " I asked and motioned for me to keep quiet.

" What? " I asked and looked around.

" He's behind you " he said. I turned around and saw a disheveled looking Rick behind me.

" Hey " he said with a wave. He looks so tired, I wonder what happened.

" Hey "

" Sup man "

He nodded his head in acknowledgement and went straight to the topic.

" From what I gathered, the drekavacs are working for someone. "

" Why would the Drekavacs work for someone? They are uncoordinated creatures. I wonder what they were promised for them to follow someone's command" christian said and Rick nodded

"You are right. From what I found out, the person controlling them is a very powerful person and most importantly, Drekavacs are hungry to get baptized and he promised them baptism." He said and ran his hands through his hair.

" The only advice I have for you right now is for you to always be at alert. Be careful of who you interact with and I'll be watching from the shadows." He said and blended into the shadows, disappearing into the darkness of the night.

                            ~~

It's been two weeks since I last saw Rick and I've been alert ever since, even in my sleep. I've seen two more drekavacs during the past weeks and it made me unsettled the more.

It's finally time for our familiars to hatch and it took my mind off the situation at hand a little...

... " Miss Michelle Blackwater step to the front and hatch your familiar " Mr almond called out. She stood up from her chair and cat-walked to the front not before throwing a glare my way.. It seems like she hasn't learned her lesson.

" Focus on the pull that connect you to your egg. Let the pull surround you and then gradually,  channel some of your energy to the pull. With the right amount of energy, your familiar will be able to break out of its shell " Mr almond lectured for us all to hear. " You may begin"

She flipped her hair over to the side, turned around and smirked at me.

" Miss Blackwater you can start now " Mr almond said with a forced smile. I guess he noticed what she was doing. She scoffed and then closed her eyes.

After a few moments of meditation, a slight crack appeared on her egg and everyone gasped. Few seconds later, the shell broke completely and a pink bird like head popped out.

" You did well Miss Blackwater. Your familiar is an ancient specie of peacock. Instead of possessing feathers, they possess spikes filled with a very dangerous venom that kills within an hour. They are known for their prowess in wars. Congratulations " he said and with a proud smirk, she went back to her seat.

" Miss Mika woods come over to the front to hatch your egg "

" Wish me luck " Mika told me and headed over to the front.

" You know how it's done. You may begin" he said and Mika closed her eyes. Few seconds later her egg hatched and a weird looking baby tiger emerged out of it.

Why would a tiger be inside an egg? Oh well, nothing is ever normal here.

" Congratulations Miss woods, your familiar is an extinct specie of tiger that can take the shape of any living animal. It has alot of offensive skills and is the best tool for sneak attacks during wars. " Mr Almond said with a over excited expression on his face and gently, Mika picked up her familiar and went back to her seat.

" Oh my god Mika! Your familiar is one hell of a creature. " I said excitedly. " I wonder what mine will be. " I said and she nodded.

We waited patiently for my turn as Mr Almond called on all my classmates to hatch their familiars. They got interesting familiars like eagles, lions, trolls. Some got other animals who were really odd looking.

" Miss Evalina step forward to hatch your familiar " Mr Almond said. Finally, it's my turn.

                          ¶¶¶

Hope y'all enjoyed the chapter.
Until next tym lovelies ❤️