Chapter Two✨✨

🐚🐚

CHAPTER 2 ✨✨✨

After entering the torture room she immediately went to kneel and Emily smiled in satisfaction.

" How many strokes do you get for running in the halls? " She asked as she took a whip from the table in the corner and wrapped a little around her hand.

" 10 strokes " Eva said and took a deep breath, preparing for what was about to come.

" Good girl. " Almost immediately, the smile on her face changed into a sinister expression.

Having dealt with evalina to her liking, the silver haired woman ordered for bloody Eva to be taken to the infirmary for treatment.

~~

"Ouch it hurts " Evalina cried as the nurse poured alcohol and applied ointment on her wounds

" Sorry " the woman said and blew air on her wound " I'm almost done "

" Miss Avine, I'm sorry for being a burden to you" she said in between hiccups as heavy tears ran down her cheeks.

" No you are not, who put such thoughts into your head " Miss avine said and sat near her while she ran her hand through evalina's hair.

" Everyone. At least that's what miss Emily told me. She said I'm a burden to everyone here and I cause trouble for everyone. She also said she wish I was never brought here because I'm a disappointment. Miss avine tell me am I that bad? " She said and looked up to her with tear stained eyes.

Being caught off guard by the question, she said the first thing in her head. "She didn't mean it that way."

The reply angered evalina greatly. How could she say that Miss Emily didn't mean it that way when it was clearly what she meant. She was so angry that she didn't even know where she got the courage to shout.

" She didn't mean it that way? How could you say that she didn't mean it that way when it was clearly what she meant... You know what, I think I have to go. I don't think I can stand being here. " She said and stood up, ignoring the pain on her body.

" Evalina wait, I'm sorry for replying without thinking. She meant it that way for God's sake but that's from her own perspective, you can't just conclude that we all hate you just because that silver haired bitch said so. We love you even if most of the people here don't know how to show it " she said and pulled Evalina in for a hug. After five minutes of emotional silence, Miss Avine told Evalina to rest for awhile because she's been through enough emotional stress for the day.

~~
Eva's Pov.

I was woken up as rays of the sun shone on my eyes and the indistinct chattering of people in the infirmary. I stretched myself as far as I can go on the bed. " Good morning Miss Avine" I greeted as I wiped an imaginary drool off my lips "

" Good morning Eva " how are you feeling... Does the wounds still hurt that much? "

" Yeah " I said and stared down at my body " But I think I can manage for a couple of hours "

" Ok.... Uhm, you can use my shower to clean up. Oh I almost forget, it's almost time for breakfast so hurry up and come downstairs "

" Okay Miss Avine " I said and rushed into the bathroom.

" Be careful while you are in there, I wouldn't want you to open up the stitches " miss avine shouted behind me but I had already shut the door before I could answer.

After I had finished doing my business and bathing, I carefully wore my clothes so as to not open up my stitches. I looked at myself in the mirror one more time and headed out to finish this awful day.

~~

When I stepped out of the bathroom I was met with an empty room. To say I was shocked is an understatement. Miss avine never leaves the room when patients are in, just then my brain decided to go on an overthinking spree. What if she's being punished, what if she has been abducted; what a minute, I'm just thinking about things that are impossible, how can she be abducted from this place?. I was just about to raise an alarm before I saw the note she left on the table, and it reads;

Dear Eva,

I'm sorry I can't be there for you when you need me the most. A problem occurred in the newly engaged mission assigned to the institute and I've been instructed to move to the battle grounds and help those who have been injured.

I'll be back in three weeks time, don't get into too much trouble and don't die while I'm away.

Miss avine (。♡‿♡。).

I smiled as I read the last part of the letter. Miss avine always finds a way to make me smile even in the worst situations, at least now i can continue with my day feeling rest assured that she's doing ok.

~~

The past few weeks was like a blur and it was finally time for the teenagers among the children to be divided into different wings in the institution.

  I'm so nervous, my hands are so sweaty that I had to wipe them continuously on my jacket. To make matters worst, the constant unnecessary chattering made me feel on edge. Don't they know that today is kinda like the most important day of their lives. The conversation going on in my head was interrupted when a woman dressed in all black shouted at us to be quiet. Immediately everyone shut their mouths in fear of getting into trouble.

" Quiet you maggots" she said again. I could even hear the hatred rolling of her tongue and it made me shudder.

" Today, each one of you will officially begin your training to become warriors of our glorious institute. As you all know, this institution is divided into four houses or wings; The lions, scorpions, bulls and mountain horses. I want a straight line of eight to be formed so the selection can begin." and immediately we formed eight straight lines. " The wing leaders are going to select the children they want under their wings and any sign of disobedience noticed, the punishment is death. I know you all are sensible, the selection may now begin. " as she finished speaking, two men and women emerged from the shadows and selected a total of thirty children each leaving me to stand alone in the field.

" You girl " the woman on black shouted  and and unsettling feeling grew in my heart. " Since you were rejected by all, your new wing is going to be the 'GOATS'. " as she said that, my hopes of being in a good wing came crashing down. The Goats; the goats is where all the delinquent are sent. I turned around to see other kids staring at me in pity, some disgust and some mockery. But that wasn't what worried me the most, my only concern was how I'll make it out of that wing ALIVE. I stood there helplessly as dark shadows surrounded me.

¶¶¶

Don't forget to show your love by voting and commenting.
Enjoy 🤗