Chapter Eight ✨✨

🐚🐚

CHAPTER 8✨✨

After having partied to her hearts content, Eva called it a day and returned back to her empty room.

' Thank God the boys are not back yet, I can use the bathroom in peace ' she thought.

She stripped out of her dress, removed her jewelries and then stepped into the bathroom completely unaware of the raven watching her from the window. When she was out of sight, the raven took off, blending into the midnight sky.

~~

A figure in a black cloak was seen sneaking around the forbidden chamber of the GOAT wing. He had the stature of a malnourished fourteen year old. With shaky hands, the boy traced his hands along the ancient writing written on the wall behind a dusty shelf and muttered some unknown words at the same time. After a while, the wall started glowing and he passed through the wall and everything returned back to the way it was. Dark

~~

UNKNOWN PLACE.

A man in a black cloak had a bored expression on his face as he waited for something or perhaps someone. After sometime, a portal emerged out of thin air and a cloaked boy stepped out from it.

" Here is what the master asked for. A strand of the girl's hair " the boy said with a shaky voice.

" Took you long enough " the man said as he put the hair in a small pouch.

" I've held my part of the bargain, tell the master that he shouldn't forget his part. "

" You are in no position to request anything from the master " the man said with a mischievous smile on his face. He walked slowly towards the boy and instinctively he moved back.

" But he promised " the boy shouted in fear.

" Promises can be broken little one. Till when next we meet again " the man said and slit the boys throat with the silver dagger in his hands.

' Master will be so proud ' he thought while looking down at the little boys dead body. Gradually, he started fading, leaving the boy's flesh to be feasted on by vultures in the morning.

~

It's been a few days since the party and I've been feeling restless. Subconsciously, I've been feeling like something or rather someone is watching me and it's freaking me out.

Just yesterday, I saw a pair of glowing yellow eyes staring at me from the window. I just hope this is not the work of my imaginations because I'm freaking out.

My consciousness was brought back to the present when christian landed a punch on my face. Ouch it hurts!!

" Hey what are you thinking about. We were practicing and the next moment you started defending yourself sloppily. For a moment there a thought you'd block that punch, if anything is troubling you, you know can tell me right? I'll help anyway I can. " He told me while holding me shoulder and yes, christian is officially my training partner now. Cool right?.A lot of people were giving me envious looks the day Sarah announced it because his initial training partner could not be found; especially Michelle but I couldn't care less.

" I'm fine. " I said and gradually removed his hands from my shoulders.

" Eva, you are lying. Have you forgotten you blink twice when you lie? " He said and stared at me with a smirk on his lips.

" No I don't" I exclaimed and I blinked, twice!. Damn, I need to keep my eye lids in check.

" Tell me, what's bothering you? " He asked again and gave me that cute puppy eyes that one can't say no to.

" Fine but promise you won't tell anyone." I said.

" I swear on my life " he replied and crossed two fingers on his chest. Something I noticed he does anytime he promises someone anything.

" Nowadays, It feels as though someone one or something is keeping an eye on me. Last night, when I looked out of the window, I saw two glowing eyes focusing intently on me. To say I was shaken is an understatement. " I told him and we continued our hand to hand combat.

" Hmm that's weird. I've never heard of anything with glowing eyes before " he said and threw a punch at me and I ducked, throwing a punch at his sides.

" That hurts. Eva we are not in a real fight you know " he said and grunted in pain.

" Sorry "

" It's fine. " He said and we continued practicing " how about we head to the library and check what we can find on creatures or anything out of the ordinary with glowing eyes. What do you think? " He asked and I swept his feet off the ground which resulted at him falling on the ground.

" That's a good idea " I said and pulled him up.

" You know when you fight, one can easily mistake you for a senior. You've got strength girl " he said and blushed in embarrassment. Like I said, I don't take compliment well.

Training was almost over so we headed over to the water stand and drank till our bellies were full.

Uh!, My body aches!.

¶¶¶

I'm so tired!! 😩. I wrote all this by 11: 56 W.A.T.
Anyways, how'd you guys like the chapter.
Don't forget to like and comment, they make my day. 🤗
Heart y'all big time 💖 byeeee