Chapter Seventeen ✨✨

🐚🐚

Failure isn't fatal, but failure to change might be
~~ John wooden~~

Chapter 17✨✨

... Anaxagoras...

  Eva is in danger I can feel it. All through the night I've been receiving distress signals from our pull and it's making me feel restless. The fact that am able to keep cool till now is still coming as a surprise to me. Breaking out of the den is not an option, it'd attract noise. I would just keep on reaching out to her and comforting her through the pull.

After a long while of carefully planning ways to rescue her, I closed my eyes and fell into a state of meditation. I hope she's safe where ever she is.

...MIKA'S POV...

The sound of trees rustling and birds chirping woke me from my slumber.

" Finally she's up " Eva said with a grunt as she dropped the rabbit she caught.

" Good morning" I greeted Eva and let out a loud yawn.

" Good morning to you too sleepy head. Trust you slept well." She said

" Yh I d... Ouch my neck, it hurts" I groaned as I rubbed it. My neck is as stiff as a rock and it would take a lot of exercising and stretching before it gets back to normal.

" Guess you didn't. How about you round things up while I prepare breakfast" she said. She gathered a couple of branches and then lighted it with the fire she summoned.

" How are you able to get up so early in the morning? Like it's still still 8 in the morning " I asked while looking at the transparent watch on my wrist.

" Anaxagoras woke me up. "

" How? " I asked feeling confused. How could your familiar, who is technically miles apart from you wake you up. I wasn't fully understanding her point.
All of a sudden, she started laughing.

" It's not what you are thinking silly. He woke me up through our pull. He kept on comforting me through our pull all through the night and somehow this morning, I saw him in my dream. I'm sure he is already gathering sources that would rescue us in no time. So tidy things up, the meat is almost ready. " She said and then started turning the meat that was in the fire.

" Oh and also there's a stream straight ahead in case you want to wash up because you stink " Eva said with her nose scrunched up and slowly, a sly grin appeared on her lips.

I scoffed " Did you just say I stink? " I asked with my eyebrows raised and she put on an innocent expression on her face. " No I didn't"

" Then come give mama a hug " I said and stretched my hands wide open.

" Eww.. no, no... Get of me " she screamed while laughing

" No, mama wanna mask you with her scent " I said and laughed manically while rubbing myself over her as much as possible.

                            ***

Mika still had that stupid grin on her face since she pulled that stunt on me and I promise I'll get my sweet revenge soon. I watched as she slowly munched on her food while making funny faces at me and it irked me to no end.

" Hurry up so we'd have our bath, I don't like that fact that I'm smelling a lot like you " I pretended to sniff myself and then scrunched my nose. " Uh huh, I definitely ain't wearing this again. It has your stench all over it. " I said and ran away immediately.

I turned back and saw Mika running hot on my trail. If we were in a cartoon, steam would probably be coming out of her ears by now. Finally, I've gotten my revenge even though it might cost me my life. Just kidding though.

Hell broke lose when she used metals to bind my legs and I fell on the ground with a loud thud.

" Cheater " I muttered underneath my breath.

" Never said we couldn't use our powers " she said with a smirk.

" Release me this instant" I said in between gritted teeth.

" Beg me "

" Over my dead body " I spat out with fake annoyance and she shrugged.

" You said so yourself" she said and immediately attacked me by ferociously tickling my sides.

" Hey.. ha ha... Stop.. Mika.. stop " I said in between laughs and it didn't take long for me to run out of breath but she didn't stop.

" Beg me then I'd stop " she said, clearly enjoying the way I was suffering.

" Please... Please stop " I said and finally she stopped.

" Took you long enough " she said. I sat up and took in deep breaths as I tried to catch my breath. " You're evil "

" Don't tell me you're just finding that out sweetheart " she said and flipped her hair over her shoulder.

Typical Mika. She always has a response to every remark. After having rested for a couple of minutes, we headed to the stream because we are looking like we walked straight out of a horror movie; with the dirty and rumpled clothes, scattered hair and the blood on Mika's face.

  When we got there, we took off our clothes and jumped right straight into the lukewarm water.

" Uhhhhh " Mika moaned. " This is just what I need." She said and I threw a glare in her direction. " What!!! "

" Nothing " I replied and made myself comfortable in the water.

   When we felt we had gotten clean enough, we came out of the water, put on our clothes and sat on a large rock that was close to the stream.

" How long do you think it would take them to find us?. " Mika asked, breaking the silence.

" I don't know. Maybe a day or two days, depending on how long it would take Anaxagoras to gather help. " I said and we fell into another round of silence. All of a sudden, all the birds in our surrounding started flying in different directions. In the process, a dead one landed next to my feet.

" What's going on " I asked in confusion. I had a feeling deep down that I wouldn't like what was coming our way.

                            ¶¶¶

And... This is all we've got for this chapter. Sorry for the cliff hanger ( not sorry 😂 )

Hi guys👋 how've you all been, long time no hear. I'm sorry for the one month update gap 😞 I've had a lot on my plate that's why but from now on I'll try as much as possible to update as frequently as possible.

So... How has everything been going at your own side of the world?. Hope y'all have been faring well.

Just want to let y'all know that I love you all

STAY STRONG, STAY SAFE 🌹✨