Chapter Nine✨✨

🐚🐚

CHAPTER 9 ✨✨

Christian and I had gone back to our room, took our bath and headed to the library. The walk to the library was a quiet one. Christian and I walked side by side enjoying the peaceful silence. Images of the eyes kept replaying in my head and it left an unsettling feeling on my spine.

" Here we are. The great library of the GOATs wing. " christian said as he opened the door. Mehn I must say, I'm impressed. The library looks like something out of a book. It doesn't look like something that belongs in this rundown place that has started to feel like home. I looked around drinking everything. I think am in love. Seeing as I was in awe because of the ridiculous expression I'm sure is on my face, Christian went to talk to the librarian.

" Hey, the librarian gave me the direction on where we'd find what we are looking for. Common let's go. " He said. He led the way and I trailed behind while still drinking everything in.

~~

MATT'S POV.

I sat in the middle of the training room long after training had concluded trying to meditate but I can't seem to focus. My mind always drifts to a certain person. What was Sarah thinking when she made her our roommate? Being surrounded by two noisy teenage boys is enough, she had to add another to my troubles.

The worst part of it all is the fact that those two horny teenagers don't have a problem with it. They are being all chummy chummy with her and suddenly they seem to have forgotten what happened the last time a situation like this occured. They've forgotten the pain and suffering she put us through. History is repeating itself and I don't like the...

" Hey " my train of thought was interrupted by a female voice. I turned around only to find out that it was kiara. The only girl I seem to tolerate because of her capabilities and also because she doesn't get on my nerves.

" Hey " I replied trying to be polite.

" So..., Whatcha doing out here? You normally don't stay after training. " She asked and sat down beside me.

" Just thinking." I replied and stood up to leave while she got into her meditative stance.

" Heard you have a new roommate, hope you aren't causing much trouble for her? " She asked just as I was about to step out of the door and I ignored her.

I haven't started yet but when I do, she'll definitely crawl back to Sarah begging for her room to be changed.

~~

" We've been searching for a long time and we haven't found what we are looking for" christian said as we looked through the books in the library.

" It has got to be here somewhere " I muttered. Just as I was about to pick up another book he caught my hand and looked me in the eye.

" Eva, we've been searching for 4 hours nonstop and it's almost time for dinner. How about we come back tomorrow to continue our search. "

" But... "

" Tomorrow Eva. I promise to come with you " he said in a gentle voice.

" Fine " I said and we packed everything up. Just as we were about to leave, my eyes fell on a dusty book and it piqued my interest.

I collected the book and Christian gave me the 'what are you doing look'. But I ignored him and read the name written on the cover.

The mystery of the drekavac.

I immediately opened the book and started reading through.

' A Drekavac is creature which comes from the soul of unbaptized children. The body is dappled, elongated and thin as a spindle.

It has a disproportionately large head and eyes as dull as shadows and on rare occasion glowing yellow or brown eyes. It is said to avoid dogs and bright light.

Some says it looks like a dog or a fox with hind legs that resembles that of a kangaroo while some says it takes the form of a child and it calls for people passing near the cemetery to baptize it.' I read out loud.

When I turned over, I saw a picture of a very hideous creature that made me shudder and christian screech.

" So in summery, this creature was outside our room staring at you? " He asked with a slightly fearful expression on his face and I nodded in the affirmative.

" Eva are you sure you didn't offend an unbaptized child in your past life? "

" Stop joking around this is serious. The main question is why would a Drekavac be watching me " I asked and I had a feeling that I won't like the answer.

" I don't know. But I know of someone who can give us the answers we are looking for " he said with a dark expression on his face and immediately I knew the person is bad news.

 But I know of someone who can give us the answers we are looking for " he said with a dark expression on his face and immediately I knew the person is bad news

Picture of a Drekavac.

¶¶¶

You can look up Drekavac to get more information on them.
Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter.
All votes and comments are highly appreciated.
Heart y'all big time. 🤗💖