Chapter Three - Supervisor

Me, David and Maine sat on the deck of Maine's car as we looked at the other people partying.

Pilar was doing some...Questionable tricks with his long arms and fingers, I tried to ignore that but then I remembered that I'll have to live with that man. Oh god help me because I might just die of annoyance.

Maine: Well, not too bad for a rookie.

He was talking to David, that car chase from earlier today was probably for some kind of mission I didn't know about.

David: We cool now?

Maine: Welcome to the club.

Mamoru: Now that's rude, even though you invited me to your little group I don't get a "welcome to the club!" From you?

He didn't look impressed by my attempt to copy his voice. Ouch man, I was trying super hard to master that voice in my head for about five seconds.

Maine: You'll get your own once you finish a mission like he did. Don't worry though. I already have someone in mind to be your supervisor.

Mamoru: eeeeehhh? Come on, I don't need a supervisor. I know how I look and-

Maine: No need to feel targeted, this is standard for everyone who wants to join us.

I couldn't help but pout a little as I looked away.

Maine: Let me give you both a piece of advice.

I glanced back at him as my interest was slightly peaked by his words.

Maine: There ain't no one in this world you can trust more than yourself. Don't use us as crutches, or you'll die.

He patted David's head as he finished his piece of advise.

David: Okay.

Mamoru: Whatever you say~

What a spooky line that was, but it's not hard to imagine that "trust" isn't something that is viewed as reliable in this world. This is, as far as I've seen, a complete shit hole.

Ew, I looked back at what Pilar was doing and he's jerking a bottle for some reason. I don't even want to know why he's doing that.

THAT guy is going to be my roommate? God, kill me already before I do it myself.

An older lady walked up to Maine and handed him a bag of...Something.

Mamoru: Drugs?

Maine: Immunosuppresents. About a month's worth.

Mamoru:....So drugs, yea?

Maine: It's medicine. The fact you don't know that isn't surprising anymore honestly.

Mamoru: Medicines are literal drugs.

Maine: But you were thinking about them in a "lose my mind" kinda manner, didn't ya?

I frowned at the accusation.

Mamoru: Did not.

Maine: You did.

Mamoru: Did not.

Maine: You totally did.

I click my tongue and look away, not like I was going to win that since I was actually thinking of drugs like cocaine and weed....Do they have that stuff here actually? A question for another time, I guess.

Maine: Anyway, here's your cut.

He spoke to David again as...Something happened? His eyes turned kinda blue and then back to their usual color. He said "your cut" so maybe the cash for the mission David did?