What If: Vigilante

This is just a one-shot what if, so nothing that's canon to the story or anything like that.

What this is about is rather simple...

What if Mamoru became a vigilante?

Or to be more exact, what if he never met everyone's favorite crew, atleast not as early as the original timeline.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Third person P.O.V

Grunts and pained cries could be heard in a dark back alley somewhere in Night City. The only light source was a cheap, barely working lamp post above them that sometimes flickered on and off.

There were four men in total, one on the ground and the other three kicking him repeatedly.

This wasn't an unusual sight in Night City. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that this exact kind of situation happens everyday in night city. Hundreds of times, probably.

So frankly, this situation wasn't anything to take note off. It wasn't even something that happened due to someone wanting to take revenge or someone not having paid back a debt.

It was just a random beatdown. Just some poor guy that got unlucky and accidentally angered the wrong people at the wrong time. Now he was just a punching bag for them, nothing more, nothing less.

All four of them had similar body physiques. It did seem like the trio were close to one another since they had the same hairstyle with the same blue colored hair. One might even call them brothers, though if that's true or not... no one knows, not that it mattered.

???:...Say, you got any eddies on ya?

Once the kicking decreased, one of the men asked that question. Not that the victim would be able to answer since he seemed to have difficulty even taking one proper breath. This was most likely caused by the repeated kicks to the chest.

Without any care, the man that asked he question gave one more heavy kick to the victim's chest.

???: I'm fucking talking to you!

It was an utterly ridiculous thing to demand considering the victim's condition, not that there was anyone here to judge the man.

The trio continued to joke around while occasionally giving a hearty kick to the poor guy's body.

However, after a while longer the trio seemed to slowly start getting bored, so one of them pulled out his gun, kneeled down and aimed his barrel right at the victim's head.

???: Hey, don't shoot him yet! I wanna get a couple more kicks in!

The man with the gun turned his head and looked at his friend with a bored face.

???: Seriously? This shit gets pretty boring quick, how the hell are you so into this?

The only response he recieved was a shrug, he was about to make a snarky remark, but stopped when he felt something move his gun along with strange creaking sounds filling his ears.

Turning back to look at his gun, he saw that it was bend, the gun was completely unusable now.

???: The fuck did you do?!

Since there was only one person close enough to even attenpt doing something like that, the man naturally blamed the single real suspect.

But again, due to the victim's condition, there was no way he could respond. Let alone bend a gun in such a manner. That didn't seem to matter to the now angry punk.