Chapter Six - First Mission

Maine: Got all that?

Infront of Maine sat Mamoru and David. He had just explained the objectives of the mission.

David: Yes, sir.

Mamoru didn't respond, unlike David who sat on the couch normally, Mamoru was slouching on the couch as if he was melting.

Maine: Kid?

Mamoru: To put it simply, get in, kill everyone, get out. Is that right?

Maine: No! I said we'll sneak in, flatline the boss and get out.

Mamoru: But you said that he had goons protecting him, no?

Maine looked at Mamoru with a certain level of disbelief.

Maine: Yea, but what's the point of risking it when you can just flatline the target?

Mamoru, seemingly unbothered by his look just raised a finger as he spoke.

Mamoru: I listened to your entire explaination and decided to simplify it, what I pretty much understood from that is this...

He then smiled in a somewhat creepy manner.

Mamoru: Stealth is optional.

Maine took a deep breath and sighed as he leaned back in his seat. He then suddenly stood up with new found energy in him.

Maine: Alright then! Feel free to do the mission alone.

David: Huh?

For the entire conversation David looked like a lost puppy, that was only amplified by Maine's words.

Mamoru on the other hand looked excited by his words.

--------------------------------------------------------

It was midnight as the group of Maine, Lucy, David, Rebecca and Pilar stood on the roof of an abandoned building as they looked down at the warehouse below them.

David: Is it really fine to let him go alone?

Maine: The kid didn't object to it, so it's fine.

David along with Lucy didn't seem convinced at his words as Mamoru would most likely have to fight multiple goons who most likely all had guns, cybernetics or any other weapon capable of killing people.

Pilar on the other hand looked like he was expecting a dead Mamoru in the next five minutes while Rebecca looked weirdly confident at the idea of Mamoru facing multiple opponents alone.

At the very least Mamoru agreed to kill the boss first as the mission intended and then take out the others, so he'll use stealth, for his first kill that is.

Lucy: I know he's quick, but don't you think it's ridiculous to send him there alone just because he's overconfident?

Maine: That's not right, I've been around for a while and even the most cocky and selfish Chrome Jocks aren't stupid enough to go in there alone. Unless we're talking about cyberpsychos.

Lucy: So why let him go get himself killed?

Despite the fact that she was talking to Maine, the one to respond was actually David.

David:...I think...That he might be able to do it...

Lucy looked somewhat surprised at David who defended Maine's decision, especially since he's the one who was the first to ask if they should really let him go alone.

Lucy: And if he does get himself killed?

David looked like he didn't know how to respond. Maine also didn't respond but unlike David who didn't know how to respond to the question, he just thought that there was no need to answer it. If he fails, he'll flatline. That's all that will happen.