Chapter Eighteen - Disappointment

Mamoru P.O.V

It's been a couple of months since I joined Maine's crew. Honestly, I didn't think that I'd enjoy myself so much here. Atleast not without father...Argh, anyway. A lot of things have happened.

The missions, or "gigs" as everyone calls them here. All the annoying, but entertaining bullshit the crew gets up to, though to be fair, I'm also guilty of doing dumbshit around here for the lol of it.

I guess the most important thing that happened was my relationship with Rebecca... Yea, I'm sure that my past self would have been weirded the hell out if he saw me. Probably saying stuff like "I should be looking for a way back" and stuff like that. It's not that I don't want to but...What am I supposed to do? Waste my life, looking for a way back that probably doesn't exist?

As much as I hate to say it, I'm sure father would have felt fine with my choice. Probably just being happy that I actually got a girlfriend or something along those lines....

If I ever do make it back... I'll be sure to make fun of him that his son lost his virginity before him. On second thought, without context that sounds really confusing, heh.

Shaking my head away from my thoughts, I looked around me. It was the middle of the night and even then the city was lit up. I guess it's true when they say that Night City never sleeps.

The whole crew was walking along the road. We had just been to the afterlife for some drinks after a gig we recently had.

Y'know. Despite this city being a literal shithole.... I don't mind it here. I've made allies, friends and even got myself a girlfriend... Or "input" as they call it nowadays, for some reason.

It felt nice, the night breeze, the wal-

Without warning, we all could hear somekind of liquid streaming down a barrel. Looking at the direction of the sound, we saw some homeless looking guy on top of a container peeing down into an empty barrel...Could he seriously not have done that in some bush?

Pilar: Ey, keep it down! Damn.

We all had stopped since Pilar decided to harrass this homeless looking guy. Good grief, this guy... Whatever, I doubt anyone else could hear but I could hear the homeless guy mumbling to himself. Weirdo.

Dorio: Geez, that's loud.

Kiwi: Gross.

Rebecca: Seriously.

Pilar: What's your problem, eh?

Without any remorse he lifted up his hand and showed the guy his middle finger.

Pilar: Why you pissing in the street?!

He started hitting his hand on the container, trying to get the guy's attention without success.

Pilar: Ey, homie! You hear me?!

Everyone except me and David started to walk away.

Dorio: Leave him alone.

Rebecca: Bye bro.

She didn't seem to like Pilar wasting time with the homeless guy, based on her tone of voice atleast. Not that I blame her.

Pilar: You aiming for hole-in-one?

He climbed up the container and got right up in the guy's face, who for some reason still didn't respond.

Pilar: I'm talking to ya! Ya hear me?!

I shook my head in annoyance and jumped up at the end of the container and slowly started to make my way towards Pilar.