Chapter Seven - New Clothing

Mamoru P.O.V

Once again just like when they finished that one mission when I first met them, they're having a party again like they just won the world cup.

Just like last time me and Maine sat on the front of his car, although David wasn't here this time.

Mamoru: Do you guys do this everytime you complete a mission?

He only hummed and nodded his head while he drank his beer that was next to him.

Just like last time, Pilar was performing tricks infront of everyone, some more....Appropriate than others.

Mamoru: I could probably pull off a better trick than him....

Maine: Really? Then why don't ya show me some nice trick?

I nodded and used one Unseen Hand to grab his beer out of his hand and wave it infront of him. To him, it must have looked like his beer had just gained life and was floating infront of him.

He seemed more amused than surprised at the display, like he had been expecting it.

Maine: Just like at that warehouse, huh.

Mamoru: Huh? What do you mean?

That would imply that he somehow saw what I did in there...But they only came in there at the end of it, so he shouldn't have seen anything special other than me shooting that asshole's balls off.

Maine: Though the cameras we saw your little show, I just happened to notice some of those guys being flatlined by nothing.

Ah, that made sense...Somewhat, how did they gain access to the cameras. Probably through hacking but I'm not exactly knowledgeable on the subject...Or this world in general.

Maine: Oh yeah, almost forgot.

Mamoru: Hm?

Maine: Welcome to the club.

I snickered at those words, I almost forgot that I requested to hear those words after finishing my first mission. I suppose that it is atleast nice to hear.

He didn't stop at just saying those words though, he grabbed something out of his pocket and placed it next to me on the hood of the car. I picked it up and inspected it, it looked a little bit different from what I saw in father's memories, but from what I could tell it was a phone.

Mamoru: You still use these? I figured that they would be replaced by some cybernetics bullshit.

Maine: For the most part, yes. But because certain people...

He made sure to clearly point his finger at me so that I would get to point of his words.

Maine: You don't have the implants to make a phone call like the rest of us, so this'll do.

Turning it on I noticed a number on my screen that I assumed to be my amount of cash. Not sure if this is a lot or not though.

Maine: For this job, we all took a 5% chunk out of the pay and you got the rest.

That...Confused me, it was contradictory to what he said before.

Mamoru: Didn't you say that the only way you do things is by everyone having a fair share of the rewards?

Maine: Yea, I wasn't the one to suggest it. Lucy, David and Becca were the ones to suggest it. Pilar just reluctantly agreed.

I could already figure for what reason they decided to not split it fairly, but it did certainly surprise me as I somewhat expected everyone here to be a bit of a cheapskate. Maybe I should re-evaluate my opinions on these gu-