Chapter Twenty Three - Casual Murder

Third person P.O.V

Yanagi Hyobe was a man who didn't have much tolerance for other people's crap.

He hated any inconveniences or any issues that might trouble his perfect life.

His driver hitting some random girl on the road was one of those things.

He is by nearly every standard an extremely important individual. He was an executive at Arasaka and while yes, that didn't make him anywhere near the most important person in the world. It did make him way more valuable than 99% of the garbage on this earth.

The problem wasn't that his driver hit that random, worthless girl. No. The issue was that if by some unfortunate circumstance he gets caught while inside this vechicle, it would do decent damage against his image in the eyes of the public. It would be nothing but an annoying hassle to deal with.

This doesn't even include Yanagi's displeasure about the amount of protection he had currently. Normally, he had atleast two more armored cars driving alongside this one just in case. But due to some unfortunate events today, he was forced to continue his day with only one.

Yanagi: You should consider yourself lucky if I don't make synth-food out of you. Understand?

The driver nodded quickly while sweating due to the obvious anxiety ever present since he hit that girl on the road.

It wasn't intentional, but there was no way he was going to stop when Yanagi was in the car. If he did that, his death would be 100% certain.

Yanagi grumbled something to himself and leaned back into his seat. Trying to get his mind off of the annoying event that had happened less than two minutes ago--

*SLAM!*

The car was suddenly struck by something as it flipped several times while flying through the air. It bounced off of the ground twice before finally coming to a stop. Luckly for Yanagi, the car had in the end ended up still sitting straight. So he quickly managed to get out of the car, but he quickly realized that the hit affected him quite heavily as he fell down to the road. He had barely raised his hands to not fall straight on his face.

He grit his teeth. Was this an attack? What kind of weapon could cause an armored car to flip over like that with such ease? These questions floated around his mind while he tried to slowly get back up to his feet.

Mamoru: Hello.

Yanagi's eyes widened as he quickly looked up and saw a kid crouching down right infront of him. What he couldn't understand was how he got there in the first place. No one was even close to him five seconds ago...

Mamoru: I have to say. Those armored cars are something else. I mean, I was aiming to grab you out of the car and leave it to the driver to do whatever, but I only managed to accidentally cause a scene.

The kid's words didn't make sense to Yanagi. How could a kid even plan to do something like that without cybernetics? And how would that kind of attempt even cause the car to flip several times.

Yanagi ignored the issue for a moment. Trauma team shouldn't take long to get here. Not with the literal best subscription he was paying a fortune for.

Mamoru: Come on, atleast say something before I kill you.

Yanagi: You... You think you'll get away with this?! Do you know who I am?

Despite those words, the kid looked even more bored than he was a moment ago. He even rolled his eyes mockingly.

Mamoru: Classic. Please do my ears a favor and yell as painfully as you can.

The Arasaka executive couldn't understand what he meant by that. His eyes only watched as the kid's hand reached down to his own. The kid grabbed it and while Yanagi attempted to pull it back, he didn't achieve much doing so.