14

.·:*¨༺ REAL LIFE ༻¨*:·.

Alice asked Pierre, "Can you hear me?" feeling strange about the situation of being in a different place with her best friend on the other side listening to her instead of Max.

"Yeah," Pierre responded.

The race was about to begin, and all the cars were on the grid, waiting for the lights to go out. Charles was starting in the pole position for the second time in three races, which was impressive. Meanwhile, Pierre was starting from the eleventh position, behind Alonso.

After the formation lap, the race started. Charles had an excellent start, but luck wasn't on the side of the two Ferrari drivers. Carlos managed to get to the 13th position, but it appeared that his tires weren't working. Everything looked fine for the next two laps until, on the third lap, Carlos' race was over. His car went into the gravel, ending his race for the day.

Alice informed Pierre about the safety car, and even though she looked at the team, nobody seemed interested in talking to him. She took the lead and said, "Incident involving Carlos."

"Got it," Pierre responded.

Normally, Alice never got involved in team radio, but today it seemed like everyone was waiting for her to take the lead. By lap 9, Pierre had reached P9 ahead of Alonso, and he was trying to warm up his medium tires. Charles held the record for the fastest lap and remained in the lead. Even though she would never admit it, Alice hoped that Charles would win instead of any of the Red Bull drivers. The gap between Max and Charles continued to increase, and Pierre remained in P9, trying to pass as many cars as he could.

On lap 23, Seb stopped off the track, which could only mean one thing. Alice said, "Seb stops out of the car near turn 5, safety car, Pierre."

"Copy," Pierre responded.

By lap 27, Pierre was going slower, and Alice asked him, "What's going on?"

"I have damage on the front wing," the engineer responded. Meanwhile, the teams started working on the pit stop. During the safety car, Pierre, Mick, and Yuki almost crashed.

The note "Incident involving cars 47 (MSC) and 22 (TSU) and 10 (GAS) noted. Safety car infringement" appeared on Alice's screen. She cursed to herself.

"FIA steward: Incident involving cars 47 (MSC) and 22 (TSU) and 10 (GAS) will be investigated after the race. Safety car infringement," Alice said.

"There will be an investigation after the race about the safety car infringement. You were involved, so it was Mick and Yuki," Alice told Pierre.

"Fuck"

In lap 38, after Max had set a new fastest lap, he was asked to stop the car. "Verstappen's car is parked at turn 2," Alice informs Pierre while her eyes are focused on Max's car. Everyone in the Red Bull garage has to be angry right now. Knowing that she doesn't have to be involved at that moment makes her smile, even though she shouldn't. Her mind keeps thinking about the situation in the Red Bull garage. They must be telling Checo to continue as normal, that Max's incident has nothing to do with him.

At lap 50, Pierre passes Stroll at turn 1. "Good job," Alice praises him. It was a clean move, very impressive.

The race is over, and Charles has won today's race, making an amazing job starting first and finishing first. Pierre finishes 9th, gaining two positions. Alice waits for Pierre to arrive at the garage. He gets out of the car and walks in the other direction, not looking happy about today's results. But all she wants to tell him is that he did a great job today.