50

.·:*¨ REAL LIFE ¨*:·.

"Charles," Alice says as she reaches for her phone on the nightstand. "Charles," she calls again, turning to face him. His eyes are still closed, and his arm is wrapped around her waist. "Please, I need you to see this," she tells him, leaning forward and pressing her lips against his cheek before moving to his mouth.

His eyes open, revealing those beautiful green orbs, followed by a wide smile. "Good morning to you too," he says in a sleepy voice.

"I don't know how good they are, but thanks," she tells him.

"What happened?" he asks, even though he's too sleepy to fully grasp what's going on.

"See for yourself," she says, passing him her phone with a picture displayed on the screen. As soon as she woke up, she was bombarded with notifications related to one thing—a picture. It was a picture of Charles Leclerc kissing a girl, and she knew it was her, but nobody else did. "It's official," she tells him. "I was sure I didn't want to keep it private, but I wanted to talk to my dad first."

"Then I guess it's your moment to do it."

"What do you mean?"

"He's calling you," he says, returning the phone to her. Christian Horner's name was there on the screen.

"I don't want to answer," she says, throwing her phone away, followed by a loud crash on the floor. "Fuck, did I just throw my phone?" she asks, still sitting on the bed and not getting up.

"I guess you did," he says, laughing. "Don't worry about it, love. We'll find a way to talk to him."

"You're coming with me. We're meeting him today, and I'll explain everything. I just... I don't know how he'll react. He's Christian, the same guy who fired me and threatened to sue me just because I was dating you. And now things are good... as good as they can be when he's involved, and..."

She was about to continue talking, but his lips crashed into hers, silencing her. "Stop worrying. I won't go away, at least not again. We're in this together."

"That sounded like a High School Musical song," she tells him, smiling.

He rolls his eyes before smiling back at her. "You always ruin every moment when I try to be romantic, don't you?"

"You're always romantic."

"Yeah, whatever. Now you've ruined it," he says as he stands up from the bed.

"Now you're leaving me?" she asks, feigning a pout.

"I'll just go and get ready. Stop being so dramatic," he says, standing in front of her while she remains seated on the bed. "Then I'll go and get us breakfast, okay?" She nods as he hands her back her phone, which he picked up from the floor without any apparent damage, despite her throwing it. She looks back at her phone, or rather, at the picture. It's official. Fuck. She didn't want the world to find out like this. "Are you okay with the pic?" Charles asks, and she realizes she had completely forgotten he was still there.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" she asks, locking her phone and meeting his gaze.

"This means it's real. It's no longer just the two of us."

"I told you I didn't want to keep it private. That's why I was with you, Charles. For a kiss to mean something, you need to show it, and I was okay with it. Now I have to deal with the consequences, which will include receiving hate from all the girls around the world who wanted to be with you, even though they know they never had a chance."