36

.·:*¨༺ REAL LIFE ༻¨*:·.

Race day.

It was Alice's first race day since she stopped working at Red Bull. That team will always have her heart; she was raised watching that team. She can still remember the day when Sebastian Vettel got his first world championship; she was there next to her dad, watching the race. She was just eleven at the time, so yeah... Red Bull has always been her second home, and Seb had a huge role in that. Her entire life, she has admired him, and during those years, even when she was little, she used to love that man. He made her laugh, and he used to watch her proudly. He still does. Seb was sometimes the father she never had, but it wasn't until this moment that she realized it.

She looks back at her computer screen. The race is about to start, and all cars are in the starting grid.

That was the best moment. She used to be there next to her dad and the drivers. That's the moment in which the drivers need to know they are better than the other. That's the key to winning. You can't be nervous; otherwise, you'll lose.

She is currently in Charles' driver room. Unlike these past days, today she arrived next to Pierre and Charles. She waited for them to go through the crowd of people asking for pictures and to sign different things. Even some people asked her for some pics, which was something that had never happened to her. This made her realize that even when she doesn't work for Red Bull anymore, there are still people supporting her and her decision... that sometimes turns out to be so stupid.

"It's lights out, and away we go," she focuses again on the screen, seeing how that Ferrari car starts first, followed by Max. This time she doesn't feel guilty for supporting someone who isn't Max. Back in Red Bull, she had to support both Red Bull's, and she used to feel guilty every time she started smiling whenever the Ferrari drivers got a good result. Ferrari is everyone's dream in some way. Whenever she used to think about Formula 1, a red car appeared in her mind. That's how much the importance of Ferrari in the motorsport world.

Ferrari is the goal for almost every driver, even when sometimes fans tend to suffer, mostly thanks to the poor strategy and bad pit stops. She could even see that in her boyfriend's eyes, those eyes that at the beginning of the season used to shine due to the good results the team was having. They aren't as bright as they used to be. But even after that, he is still loyal to that team. Ferrari is his dream team, and now that he is there, he is trying to do all he can to keep making his dreams come true.

The race had started some time ago, and Alice had watched some amazing battles between drivers trying to pass each other. Max and Charles were in front, and even though Max's car was faster than Charles', the Monégasque still didn't let the Dutch pass that easily. There were some things about Ferrari's strategy that Alice would change, but for now, at least, Charles was on track to be on the podium.

However, everything changed when Charles' car lost power. It was all over for him, and he lost every opportunity to gain some points in the race.

"Fuck," Alice muttered when the camera focused on her devastated boyfriend stepping out of the car. Even though it wasn't possible to see his face because of the helmet, his body language and tired posture demonstrated that even his dream, which was now a reality, might not be the best thing for him.

Alice kept looking at the screen, watching as Charles walked into the Ferrari hospitality. A few minutes later, the door opened, and she looked away from the screen, facing him. Charles didn't have his helmet on anymore, but he was looking at the floor. Alice stayed silent, not knowing what to do. If this had happened to Max, she would have probably left him alone until he was ready to talk.

Racing | C.L (English)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें