31

.·:*¨༺ REAL LIFE ༻¨*:·.

"Charles?" someone says on the other side of the door. Alice is still sitting on his lap while Charles has his arms wrapped around her.

"Yeah," he says without moving.

"We need to get going to the press conference."

"I'll be down in five," Charles says still hugging Alice. On the other hand, she tries to wipe away the tears that fell down her cheek before facing Charles. She was still thinking about the conversation she had with her dad.

What should she do?

"I should go," she says, standing up, but his hand taking her hand stops her.

"Ali, we still need to talk about what happened."

"We can talk about it later, don't worry about it."

"Don't lie to me."

"I am not lying."

"I will worry if it worries you, okay? I care about you, love. Don't ever think otherwise."

She can't lose this guy.

After everything they've been through, when she stopped caring about what her father may think, then he comes and tells her that he is suing her.

His own daughter.

"I don't know what to do," she whispers.

"About what?"

She was about to tell him everything. She needed to talk to someone about this situation.

She was about to confess.

But her phone started ringing.

"What?" she says after taking the call.

"Where are you, Alice?" It was her dad on the other side.

"I needed to think."

"Have you made your choice?"

"No," she says. "Why do you call?"

"Max is leaving for the press conference. You should get going."

Without answering, she hangs up the call and faces Charles again. His eyes were still on her, but this time they were asking so many questions that she wasn't ready to answer.

"We'll talk tonight," she says, giving a step in his direction and pressing her lips into his.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Alice makes her way to the Red Bull garage where her father was already waiting, but she didn't care at all. She walked past him just to grab her things and headed towards her car.

When she arrived at the press conference, Max was leaning against his car. Without thinking much, she approached him.

"Hey, haven't seen you since before the race," he said without looking at her.

"Yeah, I was kind of busy with my dad treating me, you know the normal," she replied.

"What do you mean?" he asked, and their eyes met.

"Didn't he tell you? I guess in the end, he does things without telling you. What a surprise," Alice said.

"What happened?"