47

.·:*¨ REAL LIFE ¨*:·.

After enduring the longest flight of her life, Alice and the others finally arrived in Canada. The anticipation of stepping off the plane and leaving behind Charles consumed her thoughts. It wasn't that she wanted to be angry with him; on the contrary, she longed to embrace him and kiss him just as they had the night before. However, she knew she couldn't allow herself to do so. Perhaps Pierre had a point. Maybe she shouldn't invest so much of herself in Charles, risking everything for him. Was it truly worth it? Was enduring the pain again worth it for a guy like Charles Leclerc?

These questions swirled in Alice's mind, leaving her unable to find clear answers. Instead, she decided to run. She ran as far away from Charles as possible.

"I am not Charles, so stop running, Alicia," a voice called out, interrupting her escape.

"Once again, that's not even my name, Pedro," Alice retorted, slightly breathless from her rush.

"I know, but it made you stop, so it worked," Pierre replied, a hint of amusement in his voice.

"I wasn't running; I just need to do some things. See you tomorrow," Alice hurriedly explained, determined to distance herself from Pierre and the group of F1 drivers who had traveled together.

With those words, she left Pierre behind, feeling a mix of relief and uncertainty. She walked briskly, her heart still pounding, as she navigated through the bustling airport. The unfamiliar surroundings seemed to offer a sense of solace, as if they held the promise of a fresh start.

Alice couldn't ignore the ache in her chest, the longing for Charles, but she knew she had to stay strong. She needed to find clarity, to understand if her feelings for him were worth the emotional rollercoaster she had experienced. As she emerged from the airport into the vibrant city streets, a sense of liberation washed over her.

.·:*¨ NEXT DAY ¨*:·.

Media day arrived, and Alice knew that Thursday would be just as demanding as race day itself. It was a day when she needed to work tirelessly, ensuring that everything ran smoothly both in front of and behind the cameras. This was the day when drivers would participate in press conferences and film various videos for the media.

"Max, we need to go," she said, urging him towards the door, while she watched the Dutch driver how he hurriedly finished getting ready. "Why do you always oversleep?"

"Sleeping is fun," he replied, a playful grin on his face. Alice rolled her eyes and walked ahead, knowing he would follow suit. "I already texted Checo, and he is waiting for us in the lobby," she added as Max closed his bedroom door behind them. "There's a video we need to film, a press conference, and then you need to sign some merchandise. After that, the rest of the day is yours."

"Alice, it's only nine in the morning. Why don't you relax a little?" Max suggested, concerned for her constant busyness.

"I don't have time to relax," she replied, her eyes still glued to her phone screen as they waited for the elevator. Unfortunately, it wasn't empty when it arrived, and inside stood the two Ferrari drivers. Alice did her best to maintain composure, stepping into the elevator with Max close by. "Hey, guys," she greeted, attempting to show that their presence didn't affect her, though inwardly, she couldn't help but feel self-conscious.

"Hey," Carlos responded, nudging his teammate, who offered a nod in return.

Alice glanced back at her phone, even though she had finished texting the team, just to avoid any further awkwardness. As she checked the elevator number, realizing they had twenty more floors to go, she mentally questioned why their hotel room had to be so high up. Max stood beside her, equally uncomfortable. Unable to resist, Alice's gaze shifted towards the Monégasque driver, sensing his eyes on her from the moment she entered the elevator.