23

.·:*¨༺ REAL LIFE ༻¨*:·.

"There is no way in hell I am putting this on my eyes," Alice said as she gave the mask back to Charles.

"Just put it on. It's not a big deal," he replied, putting the mask back in her hand.

"There is probably another side of you that I haven't met. You could still kidnap me," Alice said with a roll of her eyes. Charles took back the mask and placed it carefully on Alice's eyes, but she took it back and put it on top of her head. "I'm not putting this on. You know how much time I spend doing this makeup? I'm not ruining it..."

Alice was about to continue talking, but Charles's lips cut her off. "Shut up," he said, so close to Alice's lips. "Just put it on," he said before kissing her again. This time, Alice couldn't say no. She slowly placed the mask on her eyes, just as Charles had done seconds ago.

Alice stood there not knowing what to do until Charles's finger interwove with hers, and he started walking. She still felt like it wasn't a good idea, so she took Charles's arm and wrapped it around her shoulder, feeling better.

"Why did I agree to do this?" Alice started again, but seconds later her arm hit the wall. "Ouch, be careful."

"That happened because you didn't shut up. Trust me, Alice, nothing is going to happen," Charles assured her.

"I just hit the wall, so I don't know if I can trust you," Alice replied. They both kept walking until Charles suddenly stopped. "What?" she asked, not knowing why he had stopped.

"There are stairs," Charles said.

"Great, now I'm going to fall."

But that didn't happen. She could feel how Charles passed his other arm under her knees and carried her like she didn't weigh a thing down the stairs. But still, when they got down, he kept carrying her to his car.

When they were both in the car, Alice asked, "Where are we going?"

"I'm not answering that question. That's why you are blindfolded," Charles replied.

"I already sent Pierre my location," she joked, but Charles knew it was true.

"He knows where we are going."

When Charles started the car, he placed his hand on Alice's thigh. The rest of the journey was silent. Alice was too nervous to talk, so she started playing with Charles's fingers that were still on her lap.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Charles helped Alice out of the car and they started walking towards a picnic next to a lake. He assisted her in sitting down and stood behind her, slowly removing the mask from her face.

Alice blinked several times, adjusting to the light and taking in the beautiful decorations of the picnic, complete with candles and her favorite meal, pizza. A bottle of wine sat in the middle of the spread, making everything perfect. She couldn't stop admiring it all when Charles sat next to her.

He looked nervous as he asked her, "Do you like it?"

She turned to him and leaned forward, pressing their lips together before responding, "It's perfect, thanks." She rested her head on his shoulder, and they both sat in silence, gazing at the lake.

Charles was less nervous than before but still had an important question to ask. He had organized the picnic with the help of Pierre and Carlos, but he still needed to think about the best way to ask the question he had planned. He wanted to keep it simple but memorable.

It was difficult for him to concentrate on anything else when all he could think about was the beautiful girl sitting next to him. They ate and chatted about random things, and Charles still needed to gain more time to plan. He wanted to kiss her until they both ran out of breath, but he didn't want to scare her.

Out of nowhere, he asked, "What kind of nicknames do you have?"

She looked confused, and mentally Charles kicked himself for asking such a silly question. "Nicknames. I realize I always call you Alice. Maybe I could copy someone's."

"Pierre mostly calls me A, which I used to hate but now I like it. Danny Ric, when he was at Red Bull, used to call me Little Horner. And you sometimes call me Ali. That's it," she replied, smiling at the memories the nicknames brought back.

"That's a pretty boring nickname. I'll do better," Charles said, determined.

"Yeah?" she asked, leaning forward. "How would you call me?"

"My girlfriend," he replied, feeling cheesy.

Alice didn't mind the line, though. She smiled even more and almost threw herself into his arms, kissing him as she always wanted to do when he was around.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and continued kissing her. When they needed to breathe, they separated, their noses brushing.

"That wasn't how I expected the question to be," she whispered. "But I liked it. It was cheesy but original."

"I still need to find a good nickname, though," Charles said.

"I like girlfriend. I like everything that has to do with you, actually. But forget that. I'm not giving you so much power over me yet," Alice replied.

"What did you just say? I forgot it," he said, smiling before kissing her once more. Even though he had a bad result at today's race, mostly due to his mistakes, everything just faded away when he was around her.

And now he could call her his girlfriend.

.·:*¨༺ AUTHORS NOTE ༻¨*:·.

Heyyy first of all thanks for 9K that freaking amazing seriously.

Now Alice and Charles are official, I almost killed my last neuron thinking how Charles may ask Alice the question, and it end up like that. Do I love it? I'm not sure, but I like it.
It could be cringy and all that but it is different and if Charles Leclerc ask me to be his gf like that I would fucking marry him, so will keeping it that way.

That will be all

Love u all 💜💜

PD: I'll go back to the instagram kind of thing I don't know how it's call in the following chapter.

PD 2: I know I said like a month ago that I'll start posting Faking (Lando's fanfic) and I haven't done it, sorry about that, but today is the day, I'll be publishing the first chapter of Faking, so I invite you to go and read it.