30

.·:*¨ REAL LIFE ¨*:·.

The whole team went to celebrate the win, another victory for Max and the team. Unlike other days, Alice stayed with the team, taking a spot on the first line to watch the podium. She wanted to run into Charles' arms, to hug him and be with him. However, she couldn't do that, at least not right now, when she hadn't talked to her dad and when the media was all over her regarding the topic with Max.

The team was trying to make it seem like nothing had changed between Max and Alice, like they were still friends. Alice allowed it only because she wanted to have that friendship back.

Her father stood by her side the entire time. "Can we talk after the podium?" She asked.

"You have to attend the interviews with Max, and there is a press conference," Christian replied dryly.

"What is your problem? I'm still your daughter, you know?" Alice retorted.

"Don't talk to me like that, not here at least."

"If you start listening to me, maybe I could."

"Alice..."

"What? What do you want from me? What did you mean before the race?" Her father looked away. "Answer my question, Dad. What did you mean?"

"Let's talk about it later," he said.

"I don't want to keep waiting."

"I've heard something that involves you, Alice. If it is true, then we are going to be in trouble."

"What did you hear? From whom?" Alice asked, turning to face her father. Everyone was shouting and celebrating around them, but none of that mattered. She needed to find out what the hell was going on.

"If you want to talk, let's talk," her dad said. "Follow me." And with that, her father started walking away. Carlos had just been called to the podium, and even though she was dying to see Charles up there, that conversation with her dad was important. Taking a deep breath, she followed her dad through the crowd. He didn't stop until they got into his office at the garage. He closed the door behind them and sat on the desk, while Alice took the seat in front of him. When she was about to ask what was going on, her dad looked at something on his desk. "I got these photos this morning," he said, pointing at the pictures.

 "I got these photos this morning," he said, pointing at the pictures