18

.·:*¨༺ NEXT DAY ༻¨*:·.

On Saturday, it was sprint day. Alice woke up from bed feeling unenthusiastic about going to work. This weekend felt longer than usual, especially after her conversation with Max the day before. They hadn't spoken anything else since then, and he kept staring at her constantly. However, she chose to ignore him. Charles, on the other hand, was someone whom she had not spoken to yet but couldn't stop thinking about. Whenever she was alone, she found herself thinking about his green eyes and the last look he gave her a week ago.

After getting ready, Alice drove to the paddock where her father was already working. Although they weren't fighting, Alice chose to keep walking without talking to him. There were still some facts about the past that she couldn't completely forget.

Max arrived later, and just like yesterday, he only looked at her and continued walking. He entered his driver's room without saying a single word. However, Alice simply went back to work, not wasting her time on such things.

After the second practice, Max didn't approach Alice. She already knew that her job had changed, as she was now Max's PR. She had to be with him almost every hour, looking at what he looked and keeping track of his social media. She was no longer the one whom Max would go to after every practice wanting to know his results. Now, he simply went to his engineer, and they talked as a team while Alice stayed by their side, listening without taking a single thing. This reminded her of her beginning in the garage, where nobody used to listen to her. She just stayed on the side, looking at everyone work.

That was the main reason why Max started going to Alice for results. When he started having some kind of interest in Alice, he looked for any reason just to talk to her and make contact. He found that she always paid attention to the whole scene, so he started going to her for results and tips for winning. What started as a plan to get in touch ended up being the best idea he ever had. Alice always explained things easily and in the perfect way, without talking too much, just what was needed.

But since their conversation, Max could no longer look at her the way he used to. He couldn't stop thinking about how there was someone else in her life, even though he fought for her in silence as a long-term game. He was sure he was going to end up winning, but things didn't work out as he thought, and now there was nothing else to do. That's why he was keeping his distance, attempting to forget her and protect himself from a broken heart.

Now, it was time for a sprint race. It was a short race that would define the start of tomorrow's race. Today, the drivers would start as they did in yesterday's qualifying, with Max, Charles, and Lando being the first three. For Lando, it had been a great weekend, and part of Alice wanted him to hit the podium. He deserved it, even though they hadn't talked much. He looked really nice and sweet.

All the cars got into the grid, with all the engineers next to them, preparing for the shot race. Alice stayed in the garage the entire time, with her headphones around her neck, looking at the screen with previous results from this weekend. When everything was ready, and the only thing left was for the light to turn off and for the race to start, her dad stood next to her, looking at the screen in front of them. Alice took off her headphones, which were connected to Max's radio.

The lights turned off, and the sprint race started.

.·:*¨༺ INSTAGRAM POST ༻¨*:·.

RedBullRacing