28

.·:*¨༺ REAL LIFE ༻¨*:·.

Once they arrived back at the paddock, they both knew that they needed to go back to hiding their relationship.

"What if we don't? What if we stay here, like this... all day?" Alice asked, looking down at their joined hands. It had become a routine, whenever Charles was driving, he would interlace their fingers together or place his hand on Alice's thigh.

He stops looking forwards and turns to look at her. "Come here," he says, his voice husky with desire as he moves the driver's seat back, leaving space for her. Without hesitating, Alice moves to straddle him, her hands sliding up to rest on his shoulders. "I'd love to, but love, we can't," he murmurs against her lips, his hands moving slowly up and down her back, sending shivers down her spine.

Alice moans softly, the feel of his hands on her skin igniting a fire within her. "And there's also tomorrow's gala," she says breathlessly, her eyes locked on his. "Who are you going with?" 

"No one. You're going with Max?" he asks, his voice was barely above a whisper.

"I don't know. Since he's been acting weird, I don't even know... but let's not talk about other stuff. Let's just be here, together," she says, while his hands sliding down to cup her face, his eyes searching hers.

"How?" he asks, her heart races.

"Like this," she says before pulling him close, his lips capturing hers in a searing kiss. His hands move to her waist, pulling her even closer as their tongues meet, dancing together in a perfect rhythm.

Alice feels herself getting lost in the moment, her hands tangling in his hair as she deepens the kiss, her body pressed against his in a desperate need for more. They break apart, gasping for breath, their foreheads resting against each other.

"I don't want to let you go," he whispers, his eyes dark with desire.

"Then don't," she says, a smile playing on her lips as she leans in for another kiss.

When they pull apart, she rests her forehead on Charles' shoulder.

"I knew it from the moment I saw you years ago, that you'd be the death of me," he whispers.

"So why didn't you ever attempt to talk to me?"

"I thought you'd never see me that way. And at first, I thought you were dating Pierre, and then Max."

"I thought I'd end up dating Pierre at one point, but then I didn't want to ruin our friendship, so we stayed as friends. And then I hated every time I had to pretend to be with Max. But I guess part of me thought it was you. I remember watching the two Ferrari cars without even noticing, and you seemed nice."

"Just nice?"

"And extremely hot. Have you looked at yourself in the mirror? I think half of the female population who watches F1 is in love with you or something."

"Too bad I only have eyes for one girl."

She raises her face, and their eyes meet. "Look at you, you're so cheesy, Charles." That is one of the few times she has seen Charles blush. "And I like it," she says before giving him a soft peck on the lips and getting off his lap. "Sorry, lover boy, but I need to go."

"Lover boy?"

"I need a nickname. You called me love, so until I find a better one, you'll be lover boy."