Chapter 3

As the weeks passed, dad and I had a judge strip Travis of his rights as a father. All I had to do was tell the judge that Travis raped me. I also told him he still hangs out at Joan and Cain's house, who are abusive as far as I knew, which is where the rape occurred, with Beau, my brother. I wasn't comfortable having my child around them.

Emma and I became best friends. I have yet to tell her about the sexual assault, which is how William came to be. I was trying to stay away from Conner, but the guy couldn't take a hint. He was always trying to get me to go on a date with him. Conner was trying to get my attention, which gained me the unwanted attention of that Allison chick. She has been bullying me for two weeks. Allison keeps calling me a slut, but I am ignoring her. She has been cornering me with her group of 'followers' and threatening me. She hadn't a clue; I was nowhere near scared of her. I have seen scarier things than her and her friends.

The walking I had been doing in gym class helped me lose that last bit of my pregnancy weight. And by the time the Doctor lifted my restrictions, Allison was getting more violent.

***

It has been three weeks since the visit from Beau. I was having trouble sleeping because of nightmares. Not to mention being a mother of a baby. I was tired and needed a shower. I was feeding William when I heard Sarah yell for me, so I fixed myself and went downstairs. Where I saw Cain sitting on the couch.

"Dad, why is he here? I don't want to see him." I whispered.

"You, little girl, have lied to this lovely couple. I have come here to bring you and your child home with me." Cain announces.

I started shaking. "Who do you think you are? I have told no one anything that isn't true. My child and I are not going anywhere with you. You have never cared for me. You beat me and expected me to be your maid. I don't trust you around me, so why would I allow you around my child? Getting a divorce from you allows me to make my own choices. If you all keep harassing me, I will file a protection from abuse order against you all."

"No, you little slut, you are coming with me, and so is that bastard of yours!"

Ryan stands up, "You come into my home and dare disrespect my child and grandchild. Who do you think you are? Rayna hasn't lied to us. I know she is telling the truth. When Rayna came here, she was pregnant with twins. Rayna miscarried one of them after her arrival. She lost so much blood that she was in a coma for six weeks. The Doctor told us that her ribs were in various stages of recovering from being broken. Some bruises had not healed yet. She was also underweight for an individual her age. Your actions here today also prove she told the truth about the abuse. I want you out of here this minute. If I see you, your wife, your son, or that bastard that raped my daughter around here, I will not be responsible for what happens," Ryan glares at Cain the whole time he speaks.

"She is my daughter; I created her. She isn't yours. What I say or do to her is none of your business.".

Ryan's face showed pure rage. "You are no father to her; a father protects their little girls. Travis sexually abused your daughter in your house. A house where you were sleeping. She cried and screamed for help. Did you even think to go to her to see what was wrong? How can you beat your child and allow them to get raped in your home and see nothing wrong with it? You make me sick. I would not even consider you a man, let alone a father. Now, get the hell out of my house, you worthless excuse of a man." Ryan booms, grabbing Cain and tossing him out the door.

When he returned to the living room, he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. "I promise I will never let them near you again. I should have never let him in." Dad says.

"It's fine, dad. But I must ask. Where can I train to fight? I want to protect myself and William through self-defense and fighting as well. I don't want to fear them anymore. Then hopefully, my confidence will get boosted. I am just about done letting these asshats leave me scared and running from them. It is time I learn how to stand up to them and protect William and myself."

Ryan looks at me and smiles. "I like the sound of that. You protect yourself, as well as Will is a great idea. I will investigate it and let you know. Also, everyone from your past has been here except that sperm donor and Joan, so I would brace for a visit if I were you."

"Well, we better get me into some classes soon. I don't want to see Travis, nor do I want him to see Will. That prick will not get away with touching William or me. Joan will get a piece of my mind if she ever shows up here,"

Ryan went to make some calls. I stood there thinking about what I would do if Travis showed up. Guess I will cross that bridge if or when it comes. I went back to William, checking to make sure he was okay. Then messaged Emma for a little while. I asked her if she and Jay wanted to spend the night. She replied, yeah, be there in an hour. I would talk to her then. I then went to eat dinner, letting Ryan and Sarah know I had invited Emma and her daughter to spend the night.

Once Emma got here, we got the kids ready for bed. I then played with them a little before laying them down for the night. "Okay, Emma, I want to tell you something, but I need you to keep it between us. I don't want the people at school to know this yet. I need you to listen until I am through speaking. So, I don't lose my nerve,"

"You can tell me whatever you want, and I won't tell anyone," she assured me.

"My real parents were abusive. I had gotten raped by my brother's best friend in my parents' home. With them in the next room and my brother across the hall. I tried to fight him off, and I screamed until he covered my mouth and told me he would kill me if I didn't stay quiet. After he finished, he left and went back to my brother's room." I sob as she pulls me into a hug. "The worst part about all of this is when I found out I was pregnant; I told my mom what happened. I told her that because of that rape, I was pregnant. She then kicked me out." I cried.

Emma hugged me until I was done sodding. "So, do Sarah and Ryan know about the rape and abuse you have endured?" She inquired.

"I told them not long after I started staying here. I don't think either believed me at first. But then I ended up in the hospital, where they learned I was pregnant with twins but miscarried one because of the stress the abuse and malnutrition put on my body. I ended up in a coma for six weeks, during which the Doctor did tests and things. He had told them I had ribs in various stages of healing, and I was very underweight. Once they found this out, they helped fast-track my emancipation from Joan and Cain, my parents." I state. Then add, "Since then, I have had visits from both Beau and Cain."

Emma looked at me with worried eyes and asked, "Have you done anything to keep Beau's best friend from William."

I look around my room before I answer the question. "Yes, I did. Travis raped me and still hangs at the house with abusive people. The judge ended his parental rights.".

"Good!"

"All that crying has made me tired, plus William will wake me in a few hours. Let's get some sleep,"

"Yeah, we have school in the morning," Emma says as we lay down. Then she adds, "Ray, I swear I won't say anything to anyone, and I am here for you if you need to talk. You and I are more alike than I could have ever dreamed. I am so sorry that you had to go through all that crap alone."

"Thanks, Emma, that means a lot to me. It was the worst thing I ever had to go through, but having my support helped me endure it all. Now I also have you. Goodnight, Em,"