Chapter 1-The Life As The Oldest

NORA RODRIGUEZ
____________________

Beep.Beep.Beep.Beep

Shit.
I'm late for work again.This is the third time this week.I quickly get up from bed,and hurry to the bathroom,to brush my teeth.After that I get dressed,and just as I'm leaving,I hear her.

Mom.

The woman,who was never actually my mom.Never took care of me and my sister,never took us out,never played with us.The woman who literally left the job of being a mother to me,Nora an 18 year old girl,taking care of her mother and sister,as well as the house.Sounds funny right?Well it's not.

Ever since my dad left,it's been just the three of us.Mom's an alcoholic,who has a new boyfriend every month.Who spends the money I give her at bars,and drugs.Yup,that's her.

"Nora, Ya despertaste a tu hermana?"oh I forgeot to tell you I'm Latina,if you can't tell.I sigh walking towards her bedroom.As usual I find her sitting on her bed,drunk as always."Si mama,I have to leave for work"I say before leaving."te amo Nora"she says before I leave.
(Nora did you wake up your sister)(I love you Nora)

I turn to look at her with a drunk smile on her face."yo también te amo mama"I say as I finally leave the house.I start walking towards the restaurant that I work at.It's this really popular restaurant in town,all fancy and rich people have dinner at.
(I love you to mom)

Not us of course.

I'm one of the waitresses,and to be honest I like my job,it's brings me good income so,why not.

And better then going to college.

I walk in the restaurant,and go to the changing rooms to wear my uniform.As I get out,I see him walking towards me.My boss,I hated him.He always find a way to touch me inappropriately without making it seem obvious.He made me hate myself,but as I said I need this job for my family."goodmorning hermosa"he grins walking towards me.I shrug."how many times have I got to tell you not to call me that?"I say annoyed.

He slowly walked towards me and put his hand on my shoulder"I think I like calling you that,any other question?" He ask as I push his hand off my shoulder.
"Today we have a reservation for a college match celebration,the team is coming in a few hours so be ready,heard they're all your age so don't make any problems"he says before leaving

I hate that guy so fucking much.

____________________________________

I look at the clock,it's almost 3,which means they'll be here any second now,I look in the mirror one last time before going out to the restaurant.

I see a group of guys my age,walking in in uniforms.

Dayum why are they all so handso-shut up please.

Our manager takes them towards their table,as they all sit down.My eye catches on specific player.The only blond one in the group.

He has such as nice smile

Don't ask me how ,but I think he's the team captain.He just looks like it.And he looks,cute.

I snap out of my thoughts when my manager calls my name"Nora show time." I nod as I quickly walk towards the group of 7.I take out my notepad as I start talking."Hi welcome to Sandiego's I'll be your waitress Nora,you guys decided on anything yet?" I ask as one of them with curly brown hair looks me up and down.

Eww

"Yeah um I think I'll have your number as  well as your snap"he says as his friends starts laughing.This time,I look him up and down.I smile,"oh shit,sorry we're kinda out of those"I reply as all his friends start hyping me up,but not him.

He looks so embarrassed I'm trying so hard not to laugh my ass off."fine then,I'll have one double cheese burger,cut off the lettuce"he says looking annoyed.I smile.As the others give their orders,I notice the blonde staring at me,but not in a bad way.

I turn to him to take his order"and you would like?"I ask as he looks back down at the menu."I think I'll take the quesadillas"be says as I raise my eyebrows.

HOLY SHIT HES MEXICANNN
And that voice,he has the hottest voice i have ever heard,fuck I'm so horny rightno-shut up.

I smile as I'm writing I talk."your Mexican aren't you"i say not lifting my eyes from my notepad.They all look at me surprised.He smiles."how'd you know?" He asks tilting his head a bit to the side keeping eye contact

Fuck me.

"I noticed your accent,same as mine"I smile as he looks at me with those deep brown eyes.

What the fuck?Am I crushing on this guy or what

"You don't look mexican"he says as his smile gets wider."well cause I'm not,I'm Spanish"i say at last."OHH,I FORGOT BOTH COUNTRIES SPEAK SPANISH"one of the guys says as we all laugh."Anyways I'll go get your orders done,have fun"i said

before walking away.

I swear to god I can feel someone staring at me from behind

I hope it's him.