Chapter30-After The Night Arrives

Hey guys!! So update on the writer ya'll: I'm alive, and I'm so happy about the attention my book has been getting the last few days. Like legit it means the world to me🤍🤍

I just wanted to give a little context before the next part of the book. As you guys already read, Nora had one week before *spoiler*, and this thing, is going to change her life completely.

So that's why I've divided the book by two; Before The Morning Ends,and After The Night Arrives.

These two refer to both parts of the book. In the next chapters, there will me mentions of suicide, depression, raping, and kidnapping- *spoiler alert*

We will see how Nora and Miles's characters develop, along with the story. Plot twist will be only a few chapters away, which I am super excited for. Anyway, let me not give you guys any more spoilers, and let you continue on with my story....

Adios!
_________________________________
NORA RODRIGUEZ
I head back in after I've had some good fresh air. Just as I was climbing up the stairs to the second floor, I hear someone call my name.

I turn around and see Miles's father standing across me. He had a look on his face that made me uncomfortable, as his eyes roamed around my body.

"Yes?" I ask as I start playing with my fingers. I swear I hated this habit. I did it whenever I was nervous. But to be completely honest, I hadn't been this nervous in a long time.

I knew Miles and his dad had a bad relationship, so I looked around making sure he wasn't in sight. "I wanted to have a little chat with you about Miles, if that's fine with you" he says as he walks closer.

I unintentionally step back a bit. I didn't know what to say. He said he wanted to talk about Miles. What if it was something serious?

I faked a little smile. "Yeah, sure" I say as he nods. We start walking towards the exit. We stay silent a bit as we walk around the hospital grounds, before he decides to speak.

"To be completely honest, Nora my dear, Miles had never mentioned to me about you" he starts off.

What?

"But I completely understood that. Miles's had never been good with girls. As you probably already know, he's had a failed relationship in the past, and won't even give the daughter of a good friend of mine a chance"

"His dad and my dad are like super close,which makes us super close. He's literally my best friend, so I was just making sure his girlfriend isn't some bitch"

I recall Rylie's words.

"Although he and Rylie seem very compatible indeed. They have always seemed to get along very well."

What the hell was he saying?

"Why I'm talking to is because I need you to break up with my son. Me and Rylies dad have an agreement. I get a certain amount of money if Riley gets Miles"

Calm down, Nora. It's gonna be okay.

"I'll pay you if you agree on breaking up with him. 50k. Do we have a deal?" I'm trying so hard to understand what the hell this man was talking about.

Was he actually being for real? I knew his dad was bad, but this was pure evil. He stares at me as if he expects an answer. I blink my eyes twice still not knowing what to say. "Ms. Hernandez, not to be completely rude, but I love your son. And i wouldn't exchange our relationship with anything in the world"

He sighs loudly. "Clearly you aren't smart enough." he says looking at his phone for a brief second. Why is this man speaking riddles with me? Am I just supposed to figure out everything just by a few words?

Hell nah.

I sigh. "Ms. Hernandez can you please talk more clearly if you could? I'm having a hard time understanding what your saying" I say as I try to keep my voice calm and steady. Now I was really getting anxious. Chill, i said to myself. It's not like the guy is gonna do something that's going to take Miles away from you.

He looks deeply into my eyes. As if i'm a joke to him. Like he feels sorry for me. Okay now I'm making stuff up in my head. Why the hell would he feel bad for me? I'm going mad because of a few words this old ugly man is telling me? That's so not me.

"What I'm saying is.." he starts off as he steps a bit closer. I don't step back this time. I stand my ground. That's what my mom would've wanted me to do. "You shoul've listened to me when I warned you before, my dear. But guess what? You didn't" I was so confused. What texts? What warnings?

I swear I'm about to go back into that hospital and get a physiatrist for this man. I furrow my eyebrows. He takes his phone out once again, as he opens it. He shuffles his finger through his phone before turning his phone to my face.

I immediately freeze once I see the texts. The texts that I thought were from dumb immature teenagers. No. No. This can't be happening right now. Why would he be sending me those texts? Just why? Because I was dating his son? Was that it?

"W-why, would you text me things like that? You fucking sociopath!" I say rasing my voice. I could hear the silent chuckle he let out while looking down. What is it with guy? How on earth are Jace and Mile his sons?! 

His phone suddenly starts ringing. He takes it, and answers with simple answers like 'yes' or 'sure'. He then suddenly starts a voice recording and points the phone towards my mouth. I look at him in confusion. "Don't tell me your not going to let me record your last goodbye' he says

Oh god. 

This guy was truly mad. I start backing away from him as a disgusting smirk spreads across hsi lips. Just as I had turned around to start running, I bump into a hard chest. I look up and immideatly sigh when I see Alex. Thank god.

"Alex, oh thank god your here" i say breathing deeply. He doesn't answer. He just simply looks down on me. I realize 4 men start circling us as I get closer to Alex. He suddenly grips my left arm, yanking me to his side. "Where do you want her, dad?" the words fall of his mouth as I try to understand what he was saying

Dad? In like dad-dad?I suddenly get out of his grasp as i knee him down there. He falls onto the ground in pain. I seize the moment and start running. Unfortunately, two men that i couldn't see were there, suddenly come out pf no where and hold me tightly from both my arms. I scream for help, but the last thing I saw was a golden retriever dog, tied onto a fire extinguisher, as he looks at me without making a sound, before someone covers my mouth with a white napkin.

I feel my eyelids getting heavier and heavier as I recall the last thing I say.

"Dad,help"