Chapter 26-Heart To Heart

NORA RODRIGUEZ
What the fuck did he just say?!

My breath catches as I exchange a quick glance with Lucas. What did he mean "who are you?". Miles looks at him in shock. I quickly go next to him and hold his other hand.

Jace was looking at us like he couldn't understand anything, and Miles's face had went numb.

No, please this can't be happening.

Just as I felt Miles was gonna collapse or something, a smirk danced across Jace's lips. He suddenly lets out a loud chuckle. "I'm joking brooo" Miles let's out a shaky breath, before hitting Jace on the arm.

Oh god.
Por dios.

"You fucking scared the shit out of us man" Diego yells as he hugs his best friend. I feel like Jace is enjoying himself to much, if we compare him to Miles who was still having a hard time breathing.

A soft laugh escapes my lips. Miles sits back down, then he rests his head on the edge of the bed as he holds on to Jace's hand.

This was honestly one of the cutest scenes I had ever witnessed. I loved how strong and careless Jace was, while on the other hand Miles was having a silent heart attack.

But the tears came crashing back on Miles. He breaks a silent sob, as the joy and laughter that was just here a second ago disappears. This was the aftermath of everything that had just happened. He was trying to cope with everything and let it all out at the same time.

My poor baby.

I look back at the boys, giving them a look saying if we can give them a moment. They all nod, as they leave. Just as I was about to go after them, Miles holds my hand tightly. "Don't leave"

I sit back down, looking at Miles who had a sad smile on his face. The guy had just came out of a goddamn surgery, and still smiles.

"I'm so sorry" Miles suddenly blurts out in tears, both me and Jace's looks turn back to Miles, who  was still holding his brothers hand like he was terrified he would suddenly disappear.

"Miles it's-
"I'm so fucking sorry, this is all my fault" Miles cuts of his brothers words. He looks up into his brothers eyes. "I should have never stopped talking to you. I should have never went all mad on you" he continues.

My heart was aching for the both of them. "Bro, it's okay, don't worry about it" Jace says trying to reassure him. Miles sniffs. "No it's not, it's not it's not it's not" he gets up as he starts walking hysterically in the room, back and forth.

"I almost lost you man" he says. He repeats his words in a lower tone. "And because of me, you won't even be able to play soccer again"

Silence.
Silence.

He looks at his brother. Shit, we shouldn't have told him now. Jace doesn't even move a single muscle. But I could see his eyes getting glossy. He takes in a deep breath, the lets it out. "I know" he says quietly.

"I wouldn't expect anything less. Besides, I've been playing for the past 5 years, maybe it's time I stop" Jace tries to give us a reassuring smile, but I know how hard saying these words must be.

I cant hold myself any longer, and wrap my hand around his. He squeezes mine tightly. "So that's it? Your not even gonna try to prove them wrong?" Miles clashes, he looked like he was in denial of what was happening.

"Look, bro, I'm not like you Miles. You, have a whole ass business, an academically successful future. You have good grades, the money. The only reason I got into this college was my football scholarship, and I'm nothing without it, I know"