Chapteer 3-Memories

NORA RODRIGUEZ

Don't you dare cry.

I quickly run back to the restroom and kick the door.As I look in the mirror,I see tears threatening to fall down.He called me hermosa.He used to call me that.My father.

I try to calm myself down"deep breaths Nora,it's okay"I say to myself,hoping I don't have another panic attack again.Ever since my dad left,ive been super stressed,and have these panic or anxiety attacks.I wanted to go to a therapist,or physiotherapist,but I can't afford one.

I feel so bad for just leaving like that.Why do I always find a way to embarrass myself.J look back to the mirror,seeing eyebags under my eyes,a sign of lack of sleep,little pimples,a sign of stress.I look tired all the time.I'm sick of it,but there isn't anything I can do.

I sigh,walking towards the door as I unlock it and open it,only to see him.The blondie.

That's a funny name Ngl.

He keeps looking at me."can i help youu??" I ask as he snaps out of whatever trans he was in."sorry,it's just that I came to check on you,the way you just left made me feel bad,um did I say something wrong?"he ask with worry in his eyes

Those deep brown eyes.

He was worried about me?Nora?Well that's something new.

I smile."no no,I'm sorry I shouldn't have just left like that,um it's just that my uh-dad used to call me that,before he left a long time ago,so I just got nervous you know"he sighs"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to remind you of h-"I cut him off by putting my hand on his shoulder."it's fine like i said,thankyou tho" he smiles when i smile.

Dayum.

I take my hand of his shoulder."you should probably go back,your friends are waiting"i says as he looks back at them.He smiles once again."Thanks for checking on me,umm"

Shit I don't know his name.Dumbass

His eyes look into mine as he smiles."Miles,miles Hernandez"he says as I chuckle."Thanks Miles"I say.He goes back to his table,as I stand there in shock.

What just happened?What the fuck is going in my stomach?! I cannot be catching feeling right now.Nope,never.
____________________________________
I finish work,and go back home.As I unlock the door I hear my name being yelled from inside."Noraaa,you're back"my little sister Lily yells as she runs towards me."hi baby"i say as I lift her and hug her tightly.The only reason I'm still alive is this little 6-year old.Lily.I remember the day she came into this world,when is was 12,being the happiest person on eart.

If only dad could've met her

I put her down slowly as I walk towards our kitchen seeing mom smoking again,reading a letter in her hands."Oh,didn't realize you were here"she says as she looks at me."hi to you to mom"I say sitting on the chair next to her.

There's something off about her today.

I start making some noodles for lunch,as my mom just stands there and my sister plays with her toys.

Why isn't she drunk or something?

"Nora I have to talk to you"she blurts out as I
Look at her in confusion."whats up?"I ask.She takes a deep breath in,and starts talking."So I realized that the past few years I've been a mess.Not only have I left all the responsibilities of this house to you,but also forgot that I am a mother,I've been thinking about this a lot lately,and I've decided to start working.I actually got hired by one of the most prestigious banks of the city to days ago"she says as I look at her in shock.

WAIT WHAT?!

She continues talking."The income is going to be enough and even more then enough for this household,so I want you to quit job,because you shouldn't be working at this age,you should be living your life,learning,and enjoying your youth" she says as tears threat to fall down my eyes.

Where is all of this coming from?

She comes closer as she cups both my cheeks."I'm sorry amor,for everything"she says as she suddenly hugs me.Then I realized that was the first time she hugged me in years.I find the courage to hug her back."it's okay mama,it's okay"I whisper as she hugs me tighter.

After we pull away she looks at me."but I have some bad news"she says as I look at her in curiosity."You are going to start college this year,and not just any college,your going to Palm Springs Academy"she says as my eyes widen
Shit.Shit.Shit.Shit

She know I hate anything that has to do with learning but I know I can't back out this time.

Palm Springs Academy,is the most popular college here in California."but mom are u actually going to be able to afford that?"I ask in worry.She smiles through her tears."baby I am ready to do anything that will provide a happy life for you,so your leaving at the begging of September,and you'll have your own dorm there a-away from us"she says as she Starts crying again."it's ok mama,I'll come visit,or I don't have to go at all you know"I say as she hugs me.

"No your going to that college Nora,no backing out"she laughs as Lily comes and joins our hug.

So this is what feeling happy is like.