Chapter 13- Long Found Family

NORA RODRIGUEZ

I've been staying at my moms, for the past 2 days, so I could just clear my head after everything that's happened. Eva stayed the first night with me , which my mom gladly agreed to. They seemed to get along to much, to the stage that they were gossiping me.

My mistake.

We had decided to close the whole situation up, and continue living as if that night had never happened. It was going to be hard, considering one of my so called brothers, Diego was in my school. So I'll have to act as if we weren't related.

Easy, right?

My mom had gave the school a call letting them know, i won't be there for the rest of the week, and that I'll make up for my classes when I come back. All I needed to focus on right now, was my mental health. Me. My mom had suggested going to a therapist or psychologist, but I wanted to get over this situation on my own.

I don't need help. In a weird way, Miles hadn't gave me a call, or texted me since the day he left my house after I literally lectured him and yelled at him for no reason at all.

Isn't that weird.

Not that I was desperate for him to call me, but it's just I would expect him to blow up my phone or something. Well, guess I was wrong. To be honest with myself, I felt safe and comfortable near him. Which is something I would never admit to anyone, but I liked him.

Maybe I should call him and apologize?
No, since when do you apologize to boys?
But he's a sensitive boy, inner voice, what's the worse that could happen?
Let him be, Nora.

After arguing with my inner thought for a solid 20 minutes, I decided to go make myself some noodles. Mi favorito. I get up from bed and walk towards the kitchen. My mom was at work, and Lily was at preschool today, so I was home alone. Just as I liked it.

I always found inner peace when I was alone. Which is probably one of the reasons i never had friends. But, I enjoy my own company anyways so, it's a
win-win. I take out a pot, and boil some water in it before tossing the noodles in it. I stand next to it, waiting for it to boil.

I look out of our kitchen window, as I sigh. Rainy weather, falling leaves, slowly turning into ice cold winter. My favorite time of the year. I know that sounds depressing, but I'm also depressed so, who cares.

I snap out of my thoughts, as I hear the doorbell ring. Knowing it's not my mom, and that I hadn't ordered anything recently, I walk towards the door in confusion. I quickly open it in curiosity, but then regretting it immediately. There, Diego and Lucas, we're standing right in front of me.

Both their hair and clothes were wet, as the cold wind blows inside and I shiver. They both look at me, in a weird expression. I can feel my head starting to hurt. I want to close the door so badly, but I just can't. "Nora" Lucas finally murmures. As I let out a shaky breath.

I rest my head against the door. Diego's eyes looked all puffy and red and his dark black hair was all over the place. Not that Lucas looked any different. "Go ahead, say it" I say as my eyes drop to my feet. "We have to talk this out you know" Diego says. His voice sounded mad, and arrogant for some reason.

I nodded. "Come in, you guys are gonna get sick" i say as I open the door further, for them to step in. I quickly go to the kitchen, and stop heating the noodles.

I really wanted to eat that:(

We all sat down, in our living room, as we sit in silence. A few minutes pass by before Lucas starts talking. "Nora, look we're just as shocked as you are, and I swear, we didn't know. Do you actually think we would grow up loving and living with that man, knowing he was a cheater?"