Chapter 18- Noodles

NORA RODRIGUEZ
I didn't realize Miles was so serious about me. What I mean is, I've never felt so loved and cared about this much. And he wasn't even trying. This is how he was naturally.

First time I asked myself today. How could a person be so perfect? Never had I believed that someone would make me feel this good. His words, his actions. He knew what I liked and what I didn't.

He knew me better than I do.

I'm currently sitting in front of the kitchen counter, watching this gorgeous man, make us food, while murmuring one of his favorite songs.

Back to Black.

"You know, this recipe belonged to my mom." He suddenly blurts out. I smile. I really wish she was still here. As far as I know from the photos, she was blonde just like Miles, but had green eyes unlike him.

"She always made it for me whenever I was feeling down, or whenever I didn't feel well. Then, eventually, after she-" He pauses. "She went away, i found the recipe in her homemade cookbook, and made it for me and Jace whenever we thought of her, which was pretty often" he continues.

Miles never really talked about his mom this much. Or his brother. We're they in an argument?

I get up, and walk towards the stove he was standing in front of. "Well, your mom sound like an excellent chef, and an excellent mom" I say wrapping my arms around him from behind.

He smiles. "She was."

A few minutes later, he served us both a plate. Just as I was about to start eating, he suddenly lifts me up bridal style. I start laughing when he walks upstairs to his bedroom. "I didn't think you were serious" I say In between my laughs.

He smirks. He leaves me on the enormous bed, and walks back down while I roam my eyes around the bedroom.

This is too much for me. I would do literally anything to stay in this room alone for the rest of my life..

We both know you wouldn't want to stay alone-Shh, inner voice, I'm trying to enjoy the view.

Then I spot the big Tv, which was hanging on the grey painted walls. I feel like I'm in a movie theater.

Once again, lucky fucking bastard.

"I'm back" Miles says while coming in with the two bowls of noodles,and some drinks. I sit back on the bed, as he hands me the bowl of noodles.

He sits next to me as he open up Black Panther; Wakanda Forever on the tv. I had absolutely been obsessed with this movie since it came out. And I was ready two watch it again and again for the rest of my life.

I take my bowl, and dip my chopsticks into the noodles. And holy shit, when I take the first bite, I slowly close my eyes in pleasure. This was probably the best thing I've tasted in my life. "Mhmm"'i suddenly find myself murmuring while I close my eyes.

Shit. That didn't sound right.

I open my eyes in shock, when I realize what that sounded like. I find Miles looking at me, his chopsticks in the air, and his face frozen.

Why do I always embarrass myself.

Then, I start laughing so hard, that my stomach hurts. I put my noodles on the nightstand next to me as I choke on giggles. Yup, that's what I do when I feel embarrassed. Clear the air out by laughing.