Chapter 37-Here

NORA RODRIGUEZ

I haven't been the same since that phone call.

At all.

But I wasn't going to give up. He said he would come get me. And I know that if he says he's going to do something, nothing would stop him from doing it.

Sometimes a few like I haven't appreciated the people I love enough. Like they were all suddenly pulled away from me. 3 damn weeks. 3 wells deprived from any love, freedom and happiness.

The only drop of happiness I had got was probably finding out Mia was still alive. Without her, I would probably just loose my mind. She came to visit every day at least once when Hugo and Alex were outside.

And I was so so damn appreciative that she put herself to possible danger just to cheer me up.

While she was the actual one who needed cheering up.

We had made a plan tonight. She had said she overheard that Hugo had a guest tonight, so he would be occupied the whole night. She said that she would try to sneak me out the back door. I didn't know why she thought leaving this room was any good, since the whole house was covered with guards but she said it was going to be worth it.

And I trust her.

All I could do was wait for her until she came. She also made sure she would charge my phone so I could call Miles again. I was dying to hear his voice just one more time.

And when I say dying, I mean it.

Hour after hour, I wait until someone knocks on the door. A short knock, then a long one. That was Mia's signal. I run to the door, nearly tripping over. She unlock it from outside and steps in, gesturing me to be quiet. She slowly hands me the phone.

"Thankyou. Than you so fucking much" i say as I rush through the digest of my passcode. As soon as I get in, I press on Miles's contact. It rings a few times before i hear his sweet heavenly voice answer the phone.

"Nora? You called" he says, I can sense the worry and disbelief in his voice. I couldn't say anything other than just swallow the lump in my throat. "Baby are you there?" He asks again.I hum in response trying not to cry.

"Nora I'm coming to get you. Tonight" I sit up, trying to understand what the hell he was talking about. "W-what- wait what do you mean?"  I ask, hoping what he was saying was true. How could he though? The place had more guards than people I had ever known in my life.

"Hugo called me. He invited me over" he says as I swallow the lump in my throat. "Hugo? You mean your dad righ-" he cuts me off. "That piece of shit isn't my dad, nor anyone related to me. He said he wanted me to come over to discuss wedding plans with Riley. And when he asked me about you, I pretended that I didn't care."

Wait what? "It's all part of my plan, ok? Once I get there, we're going to have dinner all together. And he's going to make you eat with us, thinking that you watching me and Rylie together would be torture for you. That's why I'm calling. I have to pretend that we broke up, that I don't care nor love you, but just remember it's all a scam"

I mean his plan made sense and I would do anything right now to see him, hug him, feel him in my surroundings generally. I shut my eyes as I take a deep breath. "Then what?". He lets out an exhale as he keeps talking. "I'm going to stay there for a few nights, for the planing of the wedding that is not actually happen. Let's not let them know that ok?"

"I have 2 SWAT teams and the FBI in case anything happens close t the house. Your brothers will be with them, waiting there all night while I try to figure out how to get us out of there. I need you to just be patient baby. You have to act like we're not together anymore for a few day, so they don't get a hint"