Chapter 12- Scared

NORA RODRIGUEZ

I explain everything I witnessed last night to mom, as she looks at me in a mixed expression. I wait for her to start crying or scream, but she doesn't. She doesn't even shed a tear.

"Good for him I guess?" She suddenly mutters. I was genuinely shocked by her words, but kept silent. She lowers her head down. "So, have you met his sons?" She asks. "Not too much, we talked for a solid 1 minute before I saw him" I say recalling what had happened the night before.

I had a brother, 2 of them...

I sit down next to her as I rest my head on her shoulder. She holds my hand, as we both sit like that for a while. "Sometimes I wonder how I raised such a n amazing daughter on my own you know" she suddenly blurts out looking at me.

I smile. I tighten my hands around hers as she pulls me into a hug. Her hug's always made me feel safe, she was the only one I felt comfortable with. I guess that's what being a mom meant. Even though I know I'll never be one, I hope I can at least be a good mom.

She pulls back, as I wipe her tears with my hands. "Te quiero mamá" I say as she smiles at me warmly. Lily climbs up on her lap, as she puts both her arms around us.

I am so grateful for these two. They're all I could wish for...
____________________________________

MILES HERNANDEZ
What. The. Fuck.

I stare at the naked brunette on my bed who was smirking at me. I look away as she starts talking. "Hey babe" she mutters in a seductive voice, which makes me feel really uncomfortable.

I was so over her bullshit, and how she always tried to get me back. "What are you doing in my bed, naked?" I ask as she hums. I spot her clothes on my floor." I thought you liked surprises?" She says as I laugh sarcastically.

"Get the fuck out of my bed Ashley."  I  say. I am seriously trying so hard to not get my anger issue beat me in this game. She always found a way to frustrate me, and it's driving mad.

I've talked to the principal, who contacted her parents, but they wouldn't listen. Still, I would never ever get back with a toxic person like her. Never.

"Miles, I know you want me back baby, I see it in your eyes. But that Spanish girl is distracting you, I know, and I'm going to stop it I promise" she says as I laugh. "No girl is distracting me Ashley, so you better get your ass out of here. I've told you me at times before. We're over."

I say as she sighs she slowly gets dressed as I look away. "Your gonna regret this , I promise" she says before leaving. I sigh, as I clean up my room. And slowly get in to bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*9 hours later*

I wake up with the sound of my phone ringing. I look over at my nightstand and see Eva's name on my phone. I sigh, as I pick it up. "What happened Ev, what could be so important so you can literally wake me up at 8 in the morning" I say sarcastically.

"I can't find Nora" she says as I suddenly freeze. I get up from bed, as I try to recall what she had just said." What do you mean you can't find Nora?" I reply as she starts panicking again.

"I woke up to check on her, but then realized that her bed was made, and she left me a note saying 'I'm going to my moms for a while, don't look for me'" I sigh as I walk around my door, panicking. "Umm so that's good right, I a mean she's at her moms that good right?" I ask as I hear her slightly sigh.

"No Miles, that's not good. We both know she's just running away from her problems, from school and from us." She says. I had no doubt she was wrong, but how the hell were we going to find her?