Chapter 1: From The Breakup Of The Marriage

"Say it again."

"Oh, Miss!"

"You were yapping so freely, but now you're shutting up quickly when I told you to say it in front of me. Are you ignoring me?" I asked coldly.

"Oh, no!" A servant whimpered.

It was a glorious summer day. In front of me stood a line of servants shivering as if it was winter even though it was midsummer. Just because they didn't notice me while I was walking by and talked behind my back.

"If you're going to gossip about your master, you should do it secretly."

I knew well that the workers of this mansion looked down on me, but there was a big difference between knowing it and hearing it directly with my own ears.

If I listen and move on, I'll just be ignored again afterwards. I opened my eyes fiercely and glared at the maids.

"I'll give you a chance. Say what you just said, again."

The maid in question stammered, "Well, that's..."

"Can't you do it? You said I would do all the complaining, even though I'm an illegitimate child. OH, did you perhaps say that maybe I wasn't his real daughter?"

I was nit-picking because I had been sick for a week and this was my first time out after a long time. The maids kept their mouths shut and exchanged glances until the end, and my patience eventually crumbled.

"I'm getting angry."

"I'm sorry, Miss!" They repeated uselessly.

"Can't you hear me saying I'm getting angry?" I worked hard to keep my voice from escalating.

"I won't do that again!" The girl yelped.

"I told you I am boiling inside!" I finally lost my temper.

It was the moment when I tried to push the maid with force. They scrambled to avoid my touch, even though they were only maids, and it ended up being me who was pushed by the wind.

'Huh?'

My body tilted backward helplessly.

Some of the maids reacted, but very slowly. The pendant, which I always wore, fell to the ground helplessly.

Crunch.

My mother's only possession - the moment that it broke, memories flooded in.

'Yoon Autumn'

'You may regret in one day'

'Hold my Hand'

'You'll die!'

Glowing.... Hoodie.

'...Deuk-eul. Yoon Autumn!'

I couldn't get my head together as the wave of memories flooded by like a panorama.

The scenes passed by endlessly, along with the voices of different people.

'What is this..?'

A leap of autumn.

The scene of someone reaching out to me urgently - calling a low and familiar name - played vividly in my mind, almost as if it was still happening.

It seemed to be a memory just before I died.

A world with a scenery completely different from where I live now.

Fragments of the scene continued confusing me until they finally clicked into place in my head.