Chapter 30: I'm Looking For Lili Arcelle

Dorothea Angellus was one of the most famous young socialites, so her absence caught people's attention.

Unlike me, who usually didn't come out of the annex, she socialized almost every day, so it was quite suspicious for her to confine herself in her mansion for several days.

From the contents of the gossip article, I was able to guess what poison Duchess Angellus and her daughter drank.

Not leaving through the door, only a bunch of maidservants coming in and out, and lastly, not holding any parties.

Hmm, this....

'It's probably a skin disease, right?'

It could be said that it was an appropriate poison prescription, considering the concerned person's characteristics and personality.

There would be nothing more terrifying than being unable to go to a party for Dorothea, who was called the flower of society.

Moreover, there would be no more revenge like this, because the mother cared even more about her appearance.

Nevertheless, the fact that she did not visit duchess Perdia was remarkable.

I tilted my head.

"Do you have some miracle cure to believe in?"

Angellus power was "Regeneration".

However, unlike healing, it was a power that was only externally exerted when doing something like attaching a severed arm on the battlefield, so it would not be able to solve the skin disease problem.

Sipping tea, I turned over to the next page of gossip.

It was then.

".... Carl."

I sighed and turned my head with my chin resting on my hand.

Carlot, standing on the branch of a tall tree next to the balcony, entered my field of vision.

"Hi, sister."

After not showing up for a while, he slowly started to wander around me again.

I couldn't believe he climbed a tree next to the balcony because I told him to stay out of the annex.

"You'll get hurt."

"This height is nothing," he replied boastfully.

Of course, climbing a tree would be nothing to Carlot, who was talented in swordsmanship, but that was not the problem.

With a deep sigh I turned my gaze back to the gossip paper, and Carlot stomped his foot and called me.

"Sister."

"......."

"Sister Lili."

Why are you doing this to me?

"I told you not to come, Carlot."

In the end, I had to say something if I didn't want to hear him again today. As if he had been training in the meantime, this time Carlot didn't show a hurt expression.

"You told me not to come to the annex, but you didn't tell me not to come to the garden......"

"Then don't come to the garden."

"I won't disturb you, Sister. I'll just stay by your side. Can't I do that?"

Huh?

This time again, Carlot looked at me with pitiful eyes like a cat in the rain.

'Doesn't he know that he is already disturbing me?'

I didn't say anything, so Carlot added a word, probably getting nervous.