Chapter 4: Because I Have Someone I Like

"How could you help me?"

You can help me?

I didn't really hear her say that, but I felt like I heard it.

When I recalled the Elodie from just a few days ago, I could fully understand that the Duchess's expectations for me were significantly low.

A few days ago, I...I mean...

'I was dog food.' (TN: A person who is extremely dirty or badly behaved)

As if waiting for me to say something, the Duchess smiled cheerfully in a relaxed manner, and raised her fan to her mouth. When she covered her mouth with a fan, her attractive eyes, emphasized with heavy makeup, were revealed.

Her overwhelming atmosphere was similar to when I was in front of the Duke of Perdia.

I put down the medicine bottle I had prepared on the table.

"What is this?" The Duchess raised an eyebrow.

I held my gaze steady and replied, "It's an antidote. "

"An antidote?"

"Yes, it's the antidote to your recent development."

"What the hell are you talking about?" The Duchess looked at me with a face without the slightest bit of a smile.

"I got your poison and made an antidote."

"Do you think I'll believe that now?"

"Of course, I didn't think you'd believe it right away."

"You're not teasing me, are you?" She was just asking a question in an elegant tone, but I felt pressured by her atmosphere.

At times like this, you shouldn't let yourself be pushed back. I kept that fact in my mind and opened my mouth.

"Why don't you try it rather than doubting it? I guarantee an effect!"

I did not hesitate to say my purpose, but I had no expectation of a positive answer.

If you get rejected once, you can recommend it twice, and if you get rejected twice, you can suggest it three times.

That's what happened.

"Yeah." The Duchess conceded. "It just so happens that I'm free, so maybe I can hang out with you for a while."

".......!"

I was surprised at her response, which was more than I expected.

"Of course, if you have deceived me with your nonsense, you will have to pay the price."

Of course, a warning followed.

With a snapping sound, the Duchess folded her fan and got up from her seat. After she called the caretaker of the poison meadow and talked about a few things, she glanced at me.

"Follow me."

I followed the footsteps of the Duchess.

The place she brought me to was also a greenhouse located in the patronage.

The greenhouse, where rare herbs and poisonous weeds found throughout the continent were gathered, was a place where no expense was spared on maintenance, with temperature-controlled harnesses installed in each section.

It was the first time that I came into this place that I was otherwise just looking at from afar. This place was a laboratory for the cultivation of poisonous plants.

I looked around and observed all kinds of rare greenery.

'Wow! That's a flower that only grows in the Far East, right?'