Chapter 14: Elodie The Solver?

How did this happen?

I had no choice but to sit awkwardly at this unscheduled meal.

The dining room of the Perdia mansion.

All the members of Perdia were present here, including the first prince, my fiancé, who was sitting next to me.

"It must have been a sudden visit, but you welcomed me like this. I don't know how to repay Perdia's hospitality."

At the words of the first prince, the Duchess replied with an elegant smile.

"It is rather an honor to serve his Highness the Crown Prince. I hope the meal suits your taste."

"It's as good as an imperial dinner."

"I'm flattered."

Hahaha.

I was sick of the pretentious greetings exchanged between the Duchess and the first prince.

While Jansi and Carlot also participated in the conversation and helped each other out, I only nibbled at the food in front of me.

'I want to go back to the annex....'

I was sure this dinner wasn't planned.

But how did this uncomfortable dinner come about?

To understand, time must turn back several hours.

***

Perhaps because I went out yesterday, by the time I opened my eyes it was late past noon.

As I yawned and stretched out, Martha entered the bedroom.

"Miss, what are you going to do today?"

"I'm just going to practice my powers today."

The practice, of course, referred to making an antidote for the Duchess. It was a truly clever decision to claim the power of 'destructing poison' for myself.

Fortunately, it didn't cause any suspicion.

I had to decide when to start because once I started, I couldn't leave the bedroom because of the toxins that remained in my body for several days.

After a quick wash, I sat down at my desk and laid out the poisons I had received from the Duchess.

"Don't come in until I call you again."

"Yes, miss. I'll tell the other servants in the annex not to come near the bedroom. Please pull the rope if you need me."

Having gotten used to it while I made the antidote a few times, Martha reassuringly left at my request and went outside.

The first poison I picked up was an extreme poison that paralyzed the respiratory tract. If even a single drop was ingested, it would make it impossible to breathe and lead to death by suffocation.

"This .... Is poisonous enough to lie in bed at least three, no four days."

But there was nothing else I could do if I wanted to earn independent funds.

It was just when I took a deep breath and opened the lid of the poison.

Knock knock–

I looked at the door at the sudden knock. When my concentration was suddenly disturbed, I naturally had no choice but to become irritable.

"I told you not to come in before I call you."

"It's.... the First Prince. His Highness has come to visit."