Chapter 3: Elodie Perdia Has Changed

Elodie, who would normally have rushed in to fight with Carlot, left without any hesitation.

She was even humming.

The Perdia brothers remained and stared at the hallway where Elodie had disappeared.

It was Carlot who opened his mouth first. "Brother."

"Mhh?"

Carlot narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "Isn't that a little weird?"

Carlot was annoyed for no reason and his expression crumpled when Jansi smiled and said nothing. "It's not funny."

Carlot held his pugnacious attitude only for Elodie. Jansi called his name in a rough voice.

"Carl."

"You don't really recognize her as your younger sister."

".........."

"I know that much. You know?" Carlot spat out.

On the surface he knew that Jansi pretended to be kind, but in fact, it was just the facade of a perfect person.

Jansi clearly remembered the day in particular where Elodie, a newborn baby, first appeared in the family. One day, the Duke of Perdia brought a woman named Arcelia and put her in the annex.

Then he said indifferently, "Elodie Perdia."

"........"

"It's your sister."

Rumors were running rampant, speculating that she was a slave, but the Duke of Perdia did not give any explanation.

Of course, Jansi thought his mother would get angry, but the house was unexpectedly quiet.

A few days later, the woman suddenly disappeared, but the baby remained in the mansion.

You can't feel affection for an unfamiliar baby who cries bitterly.

She was a permanent stranger for Jansi. To put it bluntly, he didn't even think much about his younger brother, but he had a sense of obligation because they were born in the same family.

"It's so weird. Did she eat something wrong?" Still suspicious, Carlot grumbled with a grimace.

'He's very interested in Elodie Perdia,' Jansi thought.

The blood relatives of Perdia were not interested in each other, because they were very individualistic.

Carlot wasn't like a Perdia.

Jansi leaned softly back, recalling Elodie's unusual appearance. It wasn't like Elodie to hold back her temper.

"Yeah...it was weird." Jansi finally agreed. He certainly could admit it.

She had changed.

Elodie Perdia.

***

Once upon a time there were seven major sins that destroyed the earth. Pride, lust, envy, anger, gluttony, laziness, greed.

They destroyed the continent, carrying out the orders of Irkalla - the goddess of the underworld - who was not satisfied with what she had and coveted heaven and earth.

As the world fell into deeper and deeper ruin, Ishtar, Irkala's sister and the goddess of heaven and earth, eventually stepped forward.

She distributed her powers to seven humans, each human charged with sealing away one of the major sins.

After fighting, the humans won and were revered as heroes. The heroes who sealed the sins set up seven families, which became the founding myth of Wallentian.