Chapter 5: The Unfamiliar Face Of The Fiancé

Adenmir narrowed the gap between his eyebrows without realizing it. It didn't feel real, perhaps because it was a story he had never thought about.

'Are you serious?' He thought skeptically.

Elodie covered her cheeks with both hands and avoided Adenmir's prying gaze. "It's so embarrassing to say," she murmured in a shy voice.

Suddenly, her cheeks, which were dyed red, caught his eyes. Her cheeks were so red that he wondered why he didn't notice until now.

"You can't have someone else on your mind if you have a fiancé,"Elodie continued.

It didn't seem to be a told lie. Elodie Perdia that he knew was a woman who could not tell a lie. She'd rather be angry and violent than deceitful.

It is said that no one can change overnight, so what she was saying must be the truth....

For some reason, in an unhappy mood, Adenmir asked casually. "Who is the counterpart in this crush?"

"Should I tell you about that, Your Highness?" When Elodie opened her pretty eyes wide and asked again, Adenmir felt like he was stabbed.

".... No."

There was no reason to say who you liked.

Even if the interlocutor is a fiancé.

"Anyway, that's why I can't keep my engagement to you anymore."

Elodie tried to lift the teacup and put it back down.

Seeing Elodie's fingertips tremble like mad, Adenmir speculated that she was nervous.

There was no way the teacup could be heavy.

"When are you going to hand in the divorce papers?" She asked.

Adenmir looked at Elodie's lips, which always seemed to be talking about breaking up.

'Break up of marriage, it's a broken marriage.'

There was nothing that could not be done.

Elodie Perdia was not suited to become an empress, so it was Adenmir's task to think about what to do when he became emperor in the future.

It was rather a good thing.

She said she would leave on her own and there was no reason to refuse.

Since Elodie mentioned breaking up the marriage first, the Duke of Perdia will not be able to pass the blame on him. That way they can keep their political relationship intact.

But -

'Why don't I want to do it?' Adenmir furrowed his brow once more as he contemplated this question.

'I don't want to listen to my fiancée's wishes. She only talks about breaking up the marriage like a parrot.'

The bizarre and sudden opposition to their marriage seemed to come out of nowhere.

He stared at his fiancée, who seemed more impatient than usual.

As expected, it was doubtful.

Saying that you have a crush on someone out of nowhere and talking about breaking up marriage right after.

No matter how much Adenmir thought about it, the greedy Elodie Perdia was not someone to give up the position of empress.

Adenmir watched Elodie carefully. He saw something he hadn't seen before.

She was in a cold sweat, as if something had been poking her.

He had heard rumors that she had visited the Duke of Perdia everyday to beg to be betrothed to him, and he had already known her feelings when he agreed to the engagement.