Chapter 11: Maybe I Did Something Unexpected

The carriage with Carlot and me inside raced across the boulevard of the capital city, Somnia.

I put my hand on my chin and caught the scenery of the city rapidly passing by.

The silence was not awkward because in the first place I'd never had a friendly conversation with Carlot.

How much time passed?

Suddenly, Carlot called me.

".... Hey."

"What is it, Carl?"

"You didn't bring a maid with you?" He scoffed. "There's a maid you used to carry around you. Mass or something."

No matter how much Carlot hated me, there was no way he didn't know the name of Martha, the maid who had been with me since birth.

'Childish boy......'

He intentionally said the name wrong; he seemed to be planning to initiate a fight.

Of course, if it was the 'me' of the past, I would have dared to correct her name and raise my voice according to Carlot's intention, but now I'm quite rational.

I smiled and answered Carlot, "Yes. Mass is a little busy with other things."

"Oh...."

Carlot looked at me with a dispirited smile. He didn't expect it would turn out like this.

I felt better when I saw his face as if he had been shot.

On the other hand, I kindly added explanations to Carlot, who was upset.

"And since you are here, it's okay not to have anyone else."

"What does that mean?"

"It means what it sounds like."

Although not as strong as Jansi, Carlot was also able to exert destructive family power as a direct line of the Perdia family.

Carlot's power is 'ground collapse'.

It was a large-scale destructive power that could collapse the ground from a narrow range to a fairly wide range.

It was a power that could only be used in large-scale battles, so in the recent era of peace without wars, it could not stand out.

However, Carlot liked his power quite a bit; he belonged proudly to the family's knights, and trained his sword skills and his power together.

I even heard that he was a genius in swordsmanship, so he has the upper hand in competing with most adult knights.

In conclusion it meant that Carlot was too strong as an escort.

I just told the truth, but the corners of his mouth twitched as if he thought it was a compliment.

"Well, I am a– a little strong. Hmm."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "........."

The intelligence of the second son of the family was questionable. I was worried about Perdia's future.

It was fortunate that Jansi, who is smart, was the successor.

Carlot, who had been coughing for a long time with red ears, suddenly asked me another question.

"But where are we going now?"

"Toinette street. I have some things to buy."

Toinette street was named after Empress Antoinette, whom the first emperor loved very much.

It was a luxury commercial street with clothing and jewelry stores mainly used by aristocrats and wealthy merchants.

"Well, yes."

The Villainous Family is Against Independenceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें