Chapter 28: Of Course We Resemble Each Other, Because She Is My Daughter

Themis Perdia's greenhouse garden was famous.

It was also the laboratory of the most famous poisoner in the empire, and all kinds of rare plants that were not found in the imperial garden grew there.

Since poisons and antidotes were inseparable, Themis's stake in medicine was significant.

Thanks to that, scholars in all fields had a lifelong wish to enter Perdia's greenhouse garden at least once.

However, no matter how interested they were in research, they knew that their life was more precious.

They dare not knock on Perdia's door, so the greenhouse garden was only known by rumors.

And Angellus's mother and daughter never thought they would be invited to the greenhouse garden.

"I wonder what happened for you to come here without contacting me, Dolcinia."

Themis Perdia, the owner of the infamous greenhouse garden, poured tea in front of Angellus's mother and daughter and smiled.

Duchess Dolcinia Angellus replied with a gentle smile, "I contacted you, but I guess you didn't get it. I tried several times, but there was no answer. Were you busy?"

Themis nodded knowingly. "Ah, if it's not an important letter, it'll be sorted out on the butler's initial overview."

She was not busy.

Duchess Dolcinia's expression distorted for a moment because of the additional comment Themis made.

Didn't that mean that her "unimportant" letter didn't deserve to be received?

Themis and Dolcinia were the duchesses of two of the four major families, and at the same time, they were so-called "friends" belonging to the same social circle before marriage.

Sadly, neither of them ever thought of the other as a friend.

However, it could be said that they were close enough to visit each other like this.

Dolcinia took care of her collapsed expression and smiled in ease.

"You're still the same, Themis."

It was a twist of words that meant she was still selfish, but Themis replied calmly while she looked at Dolcinia's face with pity.

"Really? Dolcinia, you must have had a lot of work....."

She didn't say anything substantial, but the words contained a lot of meaning.

Again, Dolcinia held the tea cup casually, maintaining the smile around her mouth that was about to collapse.

'Oh, my,' Dolcinia thought with gritted teeth.

Hastily putting down the teacup, when she realized that she could not defeat Themis with her words she changed the subject.

"The reason I came today was because Miss Elodie committed a great disrespect against my daughter, Dorothea, at the Imperial banquet not too long ago."

Dorothea chimed in like she had been waiting, saying, "Hello, Duchess Perdia. I haven't seen you in a long time."

"Yeah, it's been a while, miss Dorothea, but what's the matter with Elodie?"

Perdia's Duchess showed a smiling face, but the Angellus women felt pressure that was hard to explain in words. Dorothea felt intimidated without realizing it.

Indeed, Themis was the only one who could be said to be on par with the Duke of Perdia.

Dorothea glanced at the empty seat next to Themis.