Chapter 6: Ha, That's Him?

Perhaps because I was only focused on the idea of becoming independent three years from now, I didn't think in detail about the event that would actually cause my true identity to be revealed.

'Yes, there must be a perpetrator, if the poison was swapped.'

If there are effects, there must be a cause.

But there was a reason I didn't think about his existence until I ran into him. Estelle, the main character, had a bigger presence than Tector, a mere supporting character in the book.

Based on the book's content, Tector, the Duke of Perdia's aide, was a traitor who had an inner connection with the second prince, Beltran Locke Wallent.

The Duke of Perdia had been supporting Prince Adenmir Persil Wallent as the next emperor, so it was a formidable blow to the back of the head.

I looked at the aide with meaningful eyes.

'You mean you're playing dirty with that loyal face?'

He looks very comfortable in his deception. You will never know someone's true mind unless you look inside a person.

"Miss."

"..........."

"Miss?"

Clicking my tongue in my mouth, I hid my innermost thoughts and answered as calmly as usual. "I was walking because I was bored. I can't just stay in my room all the time, can I?"

"Yes, his Excellency will overlook that."

The aide replied with a gentle smile.

It was a really kind looking face. Like there's no word for betrayal in his dictionary.

In fact, Estelle would have been adopted and even established herself as a reliable helper in the family, so it would be natural that no one would notice his betrayal.

Anyway, the aide's betrayal happened after I was removed from the book.

In addition, there was no guarantee that the current aide would be in contact with the second prince.

And even if he is really turning his back, it doesn't matter to me.

'Because I'm going to be independent before Estelle's adopted.'

But if you didn't know, you didn't know, and no one could blame you. But if you know and let it just pass on, you will be a shame...

'Extraordinary, aren't you?'

I looked up at the aide with a nice smile.

Let's dig a little trap.

"Sir Arold, I have a concern, can you listen?" I said, looking around sneakily, as if I didn't want anyone else to hear.

"Yes, Miss. What is it?"

"Actually, I think my father is really angry. Is there any other way?"

I let the corners of my eyes droop, as if I were upset.

As far as appearances are concerned, I am on the gentle side, so this expression of pity was used quite well. Of course, this expression didn't work for Martha.

"His Excellency, why is he angry?"

"Mhh. You know I said I'm breaking off my engagement, right?"

He is an aide, so I'm sure he knows.

Tector nodded coolly.

"Yes, why did you do that?"

I was waiting for you to ask that.