Chapter 25: What's Going On In Perdia?

Carlot's tantrum made my head throb.

I didn't know about his ridiculous tendency when we were younger because we usually only raised our hackles at each other and mutually escalated our conflicts, but now that I'd regained my composure from merging my memories, Carlot truly was acting like the youngest and like his selfish teen past again.

'I never thought you'd be such an immature person.'

I didn't expect this personality.

It would have been nice if it was just that, but I felt even more embarrassed because he felt strangely crazy.

Perhaps the Perdia family was not an emotionally healthy family environment for a child to grow up in, so he could only express his feelings in this childish way.

It occurred to me that he might really go to Raeyan and ask for a duel.

"Stop it."

"But, Sister," He whined.

"Stop it, Carlot Perdia."

When I made eye contact with Carlot and spoke firmly, the guy who acted as if he was going to attack at any moment lost his momentum.

He looked even more sullen as his clear, cat-like eyes drooped.

Whenever I saw such a face, I thought he was a child without fail.

"Are you mad?" Carlot, who was watching me carefully, asked cautiously.

"No. It's not something to be angry about."

Carlot's expression brightened up a little at the words.

But the more Carlot behaved like that, the less I felt about him. Being angry was only possible if you felt some interest towards the other person.

But I couldn't afford to pay attention to Carlot right now. Because I was busy worrying about my future.

In fact, I thought it was because of this one thing that Carlot suddenly acted like a real brother out of nowhere.

He must have been shocked to see someone fall right in front of his eyes. Although it was surprising that Perdia's direct descendant was so weak.

I decided to say something I couldn't say to Carlot for days.

"And Carl, I have a favor to ask of you."

"Yes, sister."

As if he was waiting for me to say something, Carlot looked at me with a wide smile. But that smile didn't last long.

"I don't want you to come to the annex anymore."

"......."

I drew a line.

Don't come any closer.

Carlot's world and my world were entirely different.

Carlot, a direct descendant of Perdia and the second son of the Duke.

I, who will disappear from this mansion before my soon-to-be-adopted sister shows up, and who, in fact, does not have a single drop of Perdia's blood mixed into her veins.

It was a relationship that could not continue if the secret of my birth was revealed anyway. So, it was right not to get close.

Carlot looked at me with a face that looked like he was about to cry without saying a word.

Truthfully, I felt guilty about that gaze because I was lonely.

I was lonely to the point where even I was hurt by the words I spit out, though I had received attention only for a few days.