Chapter 27: Nothing Changes

'How long should I stay?'

I didn't like crowded places in the first place, so I was already tired of this place.

I was in a corner on purpose, but the gazes of the people staring at me were also burdensome.

You didn't know when and where someone like Dorothea might come out and try to pick a fight for no reason......

Normally they wouldn't talk to me, who had the reputation of being Perdia's madman, but today there was a variable called Raeyan.

I saw people hanging around, who wanted to talk to Raeyan at least once.

If I were away from Raeyan for a second, they'd jump at him like moths and would start talking to him.

I thought it was detestable, however, I asked for Raeyan's opinion just in case.

"Raeyan, do you want to talk to them?"

"Never."

"Then stay right next to me. I'll get rid of them."

"............."

I, who exclaimed to be Raeyan's own human exterminator, stood by his side to prevent people from approaching us.

I wanted to hide myself in a place where no one else could see, but I, the fiancé of the first prince, could cause unnecessary gossip if I entered the balcony with Raeyan.

"You look tired," Raeyan commented.

I nodded and said, "I want to go back soon."

It was such a large hall that the people of the Perdia family could not be seen. It didn't matter because I was used to staying in moderation and going back alone in the middle.

"Then I'll accompany you to the mansion."

"That–"

It was the moment I was about to answer Raeyan.

I saw Beltran, the second prince, looking around; as I was watching, he found me and began striding straight in my direction.

'......it's annoying!'

I needed to bounce out of this stuffy party before I got caught and had to have a long conversation. I pretended not to see the second prince, linked my arm in Raeyan's arm and pulled him in a hurry.

Raeyan silently adjusted our steps to be more elusive, as if he realized the situation when he saw the second prince walking from afar.

After deliberately passing through the crowd, I was able to exit the banquet hall and avoid being caught by the second prince.

I let out a sigh of relief as Raeyan asked me, "Why did you run away?"

"He thinks I like him."

"......Do you like him?"

In the deserted exterior of the building, the moonlight shone dimly on his face.

I couldn't see his expression well because it was dark, but it looked hardened, or maybe that was an illusion.

"No, I don't like him."

"Is that so."

"Yes."

In the first place, I wasn't free enough in my situation to like someone.

I was too busy trying to be independent.

"Then let's go to the carriage."

I took a step towards the place where the carriage would be waiting, but Raeyan stood there and didn't move.