Chapter 10: Perdia's Money Education

Phew. After a sigh, I opened my mouth.

"I'll take Carlot."

The reason was simple. Because I have more insight into Carlot, and he is easier to handle than Jansi. You could never know what Jansi is thinking.

Yes, it's like choosing the best out of the worst.

The Duke nodded at my eventual choice. "Yes, then I'll tell Carlot."

"Yes, Father."

"Is there anything else you need?"

"It's all right," I responded politely.

It's okay, because there was only one thing that I desperately needed. To get rid of the useless escort!

However, I also had no choice but to step down because it didn't seem like the duke wanted to let it go.

Unexpectedly, the Duke continued talking.

"I heard from the butler that you haven't purchased anything recently."

I swallowed nervously. "Ah, that's...."

It was me who once brought the owners of the dressing rooms and various merchants to the annex to buy all kinds of dresses and goods day after day.

But since I regained the memories of my previous life, that all stopped.

When I thought I was a member of the Perdia family, I could spend money carelessly, but not anymore.

Even the things I have are not mine, and the money I can spend is not my money.

So, I can't afford to spend my family's money.

"It's not good to spend too much money. I want to reduce my careless spending."

"Why?"

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"What do you think of Perdia?"

What is this situation where I am suddenly being questioned about spending less money?

The Duke sighed lightly when I could not answer and simply stood in a daze.

"It's not a family that can't even afford your dresses."

"That's not what I meant."

"Tell the butler to allocate another 100,000 lalits each month from now on, Elodie."

"100,000 Lalit?"

100,000 Lalit.

100,000 lalit. 1 lalit is worth about 2,000 won, so if is 100,000 lalit....they were worth about 200 million won.

You could already use Elodie's budget like water, even if you didn't allocate an additional 100,000 lalit.

'Even though it's Perdia, aren't you giving any education about the value of money? What about money education?'

Are my habits as a daughter getting worse?

Seeing me in shock, the Duke asked a terrifying question.

"Is it not enough?"

"No, that's not it!"

This made it difficult for me to allocate more money in the future.

No matter how much money I spend, all the money will go into the Duke's surveillance network, so there was no place to spend it even if it increased.

"So don't think about useless things, and buy anything you want to buy. I will receive a report from the butler every month, so let him know."

"........."