Chapter 12: A Man Who Knows My Past Life

It was when Carlot Perdia was five years old.

Carlot had one older brother and one older sister.

Among them, Elodie Perdia, a sister two years older than him, was a little unusual in the family.

Unusual, not special.

Even though she was his sister, until the year Carlot turned five, he could count with one hand the days he saw Elodie's face.

Because Carlot, Jansi, the duke and duchess of Perdia stayed in the main mansion, and Elodie in the annex.

When they were young, they didn't even have a commitment to eat together once a month, so he had no opportunities to see her.

Carlot was always curious about his sister.

Because the people of Perdia are not interested in each other and have strong individualistic tendencies, they didn't even tell him anything about Elodie.

Carlot wished to have a friend.

However, the family did not fulfill Carlot's wish.

The friendly but subtly distant older brother, parents who just exist, and the employees of the family who served him politely.

Carlot, who occasionally attended gatherings of his peers, realized that his home environment was unusual.

A child whispered first.

"My mom and dad kissed each other."

"Oh! My mum and dad, too!"

While everyone was making a fuss about seeing that, Carlot just sat back and listened to the conversation.

He had never seen his parents seated next to each other, let alone a kiss.

Even during teatime, the two of them were sitting facing each other on opposite ends of the table.

A child asked Carlot, who had been quiet all along.

"Carl, what about your mom and dad?"

"My mom and dad....don't."

The child looked at him incredulously. "They don't? They don't kiss? They don't even hold hands?"

"No, they don't."

Carlot, a direct descendent of one of the four major families, was a great presence for the children of the group. Because their parents told them to look good in front of Carlot.

However, as soon as the children who were unknowingly jealous of Carlot found a weakness that could be undermined, they rushed in and began to undermine it.

"Carlot, what's wrong with your mom and dad?"

"That's weird!"

"Ahahahaha!"

Carlot was very angry when the children, who usually couldn't say anything to him, laughed at him as if they had planned it.

But he didn't know why he was angry.

It was one day that Carlot, who was playing alone and exploring the mansion, overheard the conversation of servants.

"It's really creepy. She's pretty because she looks like her mom, but she doesn't cry."

"She doesn't really think of herself as a Perdia, does she?"

"She can't show her power. What kind of Perdia is that?"

Carlot, who had been eavesdropping, narrowed his eyes.

'Isn't my sister a Perdia?'

In the meantime, the servants' conversation continued.