Chapter 7: Are You Worried About Me?

In the first place, Adenmir didn't even believe that Elodie had a crush on someone other than him. He thought it was clear that she was manipulating him to attract attention, but....

'Beltran Locke Wallent.' Adenmir clenched his jaw. 'You're out of your mind.'

Are you aware of your position? It's a ridiculous idea that the Duke of Perdia's daughter is going to interact with the second prince.

It was not just the Duke of Perdia. It was also not a matter for Adenmir to stay still.

Why Beltran of all things?

Second Prince Beltran's interactions with females were famous. There were rumors circulating that there was no lady he had not touched at least once among the ladies of the families that attended his debut ball.

That's not all. There were reports that he appeared drunk on the streets wandering around casually while seeking pleasure.

In short, Beltran was human waste.

If the reason for the breakup with him was Beltran Locke Wallent, then he could not comply with Elodie's request.

He was not heartless enough to watch his fiancée walk herself into the trash can.

As Adenmir's gaze was always directed to a faraway place, his aides next to him buzzed and called him.

"Your Highness? Are you listening to me?"

"Be quiet."

The aide paled. "Yes? Yes......."

The distance was too far to know what they were talking about, but what was certain was that Elodie was responding with a smile to Beltran's words.

The more she did so, the more Adenmir was determined.

'I must never break off this marriage.'

For Elodie. And for himself and the Duke of Perdia, too.

He will save Elodie from harm, knowing Beltran's filthy personality.

Yeah, that's why.

This is why he must refuse to comply with the request for a breakup.

Adenmir, who had repeatedly said to himself that he could not break up his marriage, eventually decided to step forward.

Everyone at the banquet would see the confrontation between the first and second prince, but it was more urgent to get Elodie away from him.

"I'll go for a second -."

It was the moment Adenmir took a step toward Elodie.

".......!"

Before him, someone intervened between Elodie and Beltran.

Recognizing who it was, Adenmir was somewhat surprised. Because he was an unexpected person.

***

The second prince, who usually didn't even talk to Elodie, greeted her with a sly smile.

"I've always wanted to have an in-depth conversation with Lady Perdia, and I'm glad I got this opportunity."

'Ugh, I don't like it.'

Contrary to her hatred, Elodie nodded her head and answered with a capitalistic smile, "Haha, yes."

"Princess. I heard you like to go to the opera. How about going to see an opera together sometime?"

'Uh, why would I go with a guy like you?'

Again, she suppressed the sound of her mind and answered vaguely. "Well..."

'Eat it up, you punk.'

Ha ha ha.... She also smirked lightly.