Chapter 16: Well Done, Elodie

[The Angellus family suddenly declares withdrawal from military business!]

[The magic stone mine was put up for sale, but no one is buying it...]

[The mines around Bruman fall into the hands of Perdia!]

Various newspapers in the empire scrambled to discuss the Angellus family's change of heart.

At the same time, Perdia's purchase of the mines around Bruman made headlines.

Although not openly, they were articles that satirized Angellus while praising Perdia.

It was a perfect victory for Perdia.

"That man must be very angry by now," I said with a small smirk.

In the original, the Duke of Angellus appeared as the father of the villain, Dorothea Angellus.

I remembered him as being greedy, and a person who kept the Duke of Perdia in check and interfered with everything.

We had no point of contact, so I never had a conversation with him, but on the outside, he was a rather plain-looking old man who acted like a gentleman.

Originally, it would have been much later for an article like this to come out, but it was quickly resolved by my intervention.

'A good thing must be a good thing.'

It was just a matter of repaying the kindness for raising me.

I searched through the Toinette Weekly magazine and thought hard about whether there was another method to get money, but I realized that I couldn't do anything because I lacked business funds.

"I should make some antidote."

When I tried to make it a while ago, I had to go to the dinner room instead of drinking it because the first prince came.

Sitting at my desk again, I scanned the bottles of poison.

But something was strange.

'Why does it feel like the number of bottles has decreased?'

I couldn't be sure because I didn't bother counting the number of poison bottles, but it felt strange.

I'll have to ask the Duchess later.

Just as I grabbed a bottle with poison, I heard a knock.

At that moment I had a hunch.

"It's happening today as well...."

I can't make any antidote today either.

When allowed to enter, the butler with a serious face stepped inside.

"The Lord is calling. Hurry up, miss."

"Me? Why?"

"I don't dare to fathom my master's will, but I think he wants to talk about what happened with the Angellus family."

Due to Perdia's personality, it was clear that he wanted to give a reward, just like last time I found out that the aide was a traitor.

However, the resolution of this case was actually tantamount to stealing a solution fom Jansi from the future, so it was embarrassing to say that I suggested this solution.

'But what can I do? I'll go if you tell me to.'

After a while, when I entered the Duke's office, I was a little taken aback.

As he entrusted the solution to his two sons, I thought Jansi and Carlot would be present, but I didn't expect to be alone with the Duke.

As I hesitantly approached, the Duke, who was reading the newspaper on the table, raised his eyes.